Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2010, 10:51 PM   #33
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
Just got done with both a Fifa and PES session. I actually like both, but I'm really feeling PES for the overall package. Like others have said, the feel is soccer. I'm still getting used to the controls and playing sideways, but I can see myself being able to get some serious build-up play going on in this game. I ended up with a 0-0 tie with me as Barca. I did actually draw a penalty and sent it so far right I cringed. So far, after playing NBA2k, Fifa and this, PES is my 1a. I need to see some more presentation, get the PC title up to 1080p and go back to my player cam, to see if this game is all I'm thnking it's gonna be.

Right now, strong 1a to NBA 2k, which has just blown me away, so far. Fifa is a close third. Still a must-buy for myself, but just because I love Fifa. Not because I feel that it's as good of a soccer sim as PES! Way to go Konami! You're in the hunt again! I'm sold, and hopefully a Smoke Patch will be ready soon after release. Great days for virtual footie!
Does this guy have a site?

As a newcomer to the PES PC community, I'm curious to know if you have any thoughts on forthcoming mods from community members (and where to find them) that I should be on the lookout for?
Old 09-15-2010, 10:52 PM   #34
MVP

cookusu's Arena

OVR: 13

The passing is easily the biggest improvement. A learning curve should be allowed, but when you put the right touch on in the right direction and your teammate runs onto the ball it is very cool. It is also takes a subtle touch just to move the ball around which I was pleased with, was thinking that was going to be harder.

Definitely more fouls than last years game and have seen some cards in just the little time I have spent on the game.

Lot more animations with body positioning being more important and guys bump into each other and stumble.

Strategy options appear to actually make a difference I played one game with Barca with the default more through the middle offense and then one with them wide and they definitely got wide more often.

Fatigue will be interesting, i have not really been sprinting much but most of my team is in the red zone towards 70 minutes, they still play OK but I am worried about injuries and accumulated fatigue in the Master League.

Cpu opponents so far seem to play pretty smart and the game speed option will hopefully keep everyone happy, I have it at -1 so far 0 was too fast since I wasn't familiar with the new passing, you must think before you pass, the way it should be.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:52 PM   #35
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I can not find the PS3 demo to save my life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2010, 11:02 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveeee
after playing both the FIFA 11 and PES 11 demos the last couple of hours on PS3.. I just had to come here and post my initial thoughts between the two..

PES feels more like real soccer to me and is the game for me I think.. for sure the best PES on next gen and probably the best ever beating PES 5/6

the personality plus and pro passing is nothing but marketing gimmicks from what I am seeing so far.. I played the FIFA demo mainly on slow speed and on semi passing or manual too... I don't like either passing setting compared to the PES passing system though now. I don't see how anyone can play the FIFA demo on the normal game speed and assisted controls unless if they like pure arcade footie. it's not my taste at all and for sure not real football.. so if you do play with these settings and enjoy it in the FIFA demo than just ignore my comments all together because I have complete opposite taste as you when it comes to playing footie games.

the passing system in PES is the best this year imo. It took me awhile to get use to PES demo.. especially the shooting.. it's very sensitive as I was hitting shots way over the cross bar my first couple of games. . BUT the more I play this game.. the better it gets to me and the passing is just right to me.. I mean perfect. I think so far the best game speed in the PES demo is -1 or -2 maybe... the tactical play in PES is a lot better than the FIFA demo and I have not even got into everything yet... the interface for this is very cool too even though I'm still not use to everything yet.. I just fooled around with changing some tactics to see how well they work in game.. and they work very well so far... better than FIFA tactics by far. I am trying my best to give both games a chance but I'm already thinking I'm not even going to bother with FIFA this year just after playing both demos the last couple of hours.. the only thing that is saving FIFA for me right now is the online play maybe. BUT I recently got so fed up with FIFA world CUP online that I don't think I even care anymore that they have good servers and clubs online. I just feel FIFA online forces people to play NOT real soccer to win games. It's nothing but button mashing for pressing and run and gun style. This type of style is exactly what I see in the FIFA 11 demo... I see very little upgrades from FIFA world CUP. it's more like FIFA 10.5 than FIFA 11. Maybe I just need to play more but after playing PES I don't think it's the game for me. Hopefully PES can have a decent online though as I'm a big online player... but I will for sure get PES 2011 just for offline play.

In PES you have proper buildup play.. the way the game flows is much more like the real thing and I love using my footballing brain in the PES demo more than I do in FIFA demo. Counter attacking for example is a thing a beauty in this game....

I dunno.. alls I will say.. if for those liking the FIFA 11 demo.. just make sure you try PES too before your set on one and give it a good play time to get use to it and I think you will see what I'm talking about. I have a feeling a lot of people will just buy both.. ..

my 2 negatives with PES.. at first I didn't like the camera because I was not use to it.. but now I have no problems with it... and 2nd I also thought the responsiveness was to sluggish with the controls but the more I'm playing...the less i notice it.

ok back to the demos and I will comment more later.
Couldn't have said it better myself. This is exactly how I felt after playng both demos. This year I decided to give FIFA a chance (I'm a PES fan) from what I heard and read in the last two years...but now having played both demos, I have to say that PES 2011 is the better overall game. FIFA is a fun and well done footie game, but PES is real Football sim; from the graphics, player animation to the whole new gameplay system. Having to work your way to score a goal has become rewarding like it used to be 5 years ago!

2011 belongs to Konami
Old 09-15-2010, 11:08 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox

As a newcomer to the PES PC community, I'm curious to know if you have any thoughts on forthcoming mods from community members (and where to find them) that I should be on the lookout for?
For the time being, check out these mods for the PC demo:

Spain and Japan National teams:

http://pes2008editing.blogspot.com/2...ol-by-hio.html

Demo time expander:

http://downloads.moddingway.com/file/5475.html
Old 09-15-2010, 11:09 PM   #38
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

Here is an example of how the CPU plays strategically different based on the situation. When I played as Bayern, Barca played through Messi. Messi was constantly on the ball, constantly making plays, and constantly a threat.

So then I play as Barca at home against Bayern. It is clear that Bayern is playing cautiously on the road. Olic gets a break, and decides to peel off wide. When he does this, Muller charges into the box, and this apparent plan worked perfectly for them, as Olic connected with Muller for a diving header. As time goes on, I gradually start to get more and more aggressive. Once I hit the 80th minute I have 3 up front, leaving Iniesta alone to hold down the midfield. After bashing my head against the bolstered Bayern backline, I decided to try and score from range with Iniesta. Since Bayern's back line was back defending, Iniesta was left unmarked, and rifled it into the upper 90. The game ended 1-1, and it was great to see tactical changes (which were so easy to make) affect the game.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:10 PM   #39
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox

ModdingWay is a great place to find PES mods. They also dabble in NBA2k PC, but that's something else. I hit you up when I find the Smoke Patch, WEBN normally has an announcement on the forums when it hits. I'm not sure if he'll use the same blogspot page this year. Try to follow him on PESGaming. Just google SMoKE Patch for PES 2011 a bit after release.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 09-15-2010, 11:11 PM   #40
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
For the time being, check out these mods for the PC demo:

Spain and Japan National teams:

http://pes2008editing.blogspot.com/2...ol-by-hio.html

Demo time expander:

http://downloads.moddingway.com/file/5475.html
I downloaded the first link earlier today, but it didn't work.. I can only select 2 teams, and then the application creates a 0 kb file called "Modded PES demo". It doesn't work, obviously, as it is less than 1 kb.

Thanks for the time expander.

Any news on someone modding to allow the usage of -1 and -2 game speed options?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »