Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2010, 04:30 AM   #49
Pro

OVR: 33
I was so impressed with the FIFA demo I wasn't even going to bother to download the PES demo. But after reading so many positive responses I think I will go check it out.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:27 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2
played the pes demo prior to fifa11 demo (both on pc), and pes feels and looks really lifelike - for me fifa cant handle pes11 - maybe fifa just sucks on pc but konami does a excellent job for all platforms. fifa isn't bad, pes feels just so realistic

after 50+ hours with pes10 i was so often annoyed and it seems that pes11 addressed almost everything i had an issue with. if u get the controls u can play some astonishing free flowing football i.e. like barca does
if 2k11 wont live up to his hype in the full version pes11 it will be for me this year
Old 09-16-2010, 06:36 AM   #51
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

After spending some quality time with the demo on PC (along with the extended time mod, playing 20 min games) there are two things that I'm still unsure of:

First, is the CPU capable of keeping possession? Maybe its the way I play, but I find myself always getting 60%+ with all of the 4 clubs. This was the main reason I stopped playing PES a few years back, I just found it too easy to keep the ball at all times. It seems like it is too easy to connect on difficult passes and control the game. I was playing in Top Player difficulty, so I don't know.

Secondly, is there a way to fight for position when the ball is in the air? So far I have yet to see any jostling while the GK puts the ball in place. Maybe I'm missing something, but the players remain static while the ball is up in the air.

Other than that, I am impressed. It is a vast improvement from previous iterations, and I will be picking this up for the PC at some point, if not at launch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 07:02 AM   #52
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Wow, this is pretty much night & day compared to PES 2010. The game just looks & feels much more realistic, looks like Konami threw out all of those old animations. I've logged a lot of hours on World Cup and tried Fifa 11 but this might be more my speed. Soon as I get a hang on the controls, anyway.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:04 AM   #53
MVP

DIESEL's Arena

OVR: 10

Only had a chance for 3 games. But gameplay is outstanding. Player movement and passing is a huge upgrade from previous versions.

Only concern at this point is the CPU finishing. I've made some pretty bone headed moves while figuring out the controls and the CPU shooting has been pretty weak.

Question for PS3 guys. Is there a way to not view that 10 minute trailer after every game. I'm pushing every button and it won't stop.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:09 AM   #54
MVP

DIESEL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffer
Does anyone else hate the gameplan menu they use. It is horrible, I can't compare the two players I'm taking out, I have to use the D-pad and guide it around like an idiot. I have to make 3 button clicks before I can see the pentagon (which they brought back thank god).

And I don't like how the meters are right next to the player either. That isn't PES like at all. And it isn't like you can really react to how high it is, it is all feel anyway, so why make the meter so noticeable?
Click on the player you are thinking of subbing in and it brings up his ratings and the pentagon. Than move the cursor over the players on the field you are thinking of taking out and there is a side by side comparison.

I believe I read having the meters on the field is an option in the final product.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:10 AM   #55
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL
Question for PS3 guys. Is there a way to not view that 10 minute trailer after every game. I'm pushing every button and it won't stop.
Ditto but for PC. Kind of unbelievable that you have to watch that.

I actually really like what they've done with the gameplan. Very intuitive, though I wish they'd have a descriptor for player skills on the player menu instead of having to go to the poorly organized player index list just to find out what each means.

The CPU on professional has been clinical against me lol. There was really only one Fifa-esque goal where I felt cheated but the animation was believable and the defender was a poor marker (Japanese national team).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 08:33 AM   #56
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookusu
It is only in the UK right now. You can set up a Playstation Network account, just pick United Kingdom as your country and fill in the rest. First you might want to set up another user on your ps3, I think that is where you say your country is the UK. Once that is set up it is like using the US playstation store.
Thanks, makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miget33
Tried both demos.

Man, if PES had the 360 degree player movement FIFA does, this game would outstanding.

Undecided as to what game to get, leaning towards PES right now.(Before the Demos, I was sure to get PES, but FIFA surprised me with its product)
I thought it did. Call me crazy miget but I kind of prefer that PES doesn't have the same movement as FIFA. I feel like in FIFA I can pull off stop & starts and other agile moves with slow CBs. In PES last year I could really feel the difference between a guy like Messi and some slow CB like Alex.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »