Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2010, 09:29 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 14
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Demo Available, Post Your Impressions Here

Still nothing for 360 huh? Makes it hard for me to decide which game to get when only 1 puts out a demo. I havent bought a soccer game since ...04 I believe it was.Yea , that long ago. I played WC2010 and I enjoyed the hell outta it so now im trying to buy a game. Any word for 360 users on a demo? Thanks for any help. Enjoying reading ur comments.

twitter.com/tyfromphilly
Xbox One GT - TyFromPhilly

TCSG NBA 2k15 League - http://tyfromphilly.wix.com/tcsgleague

That Connection Sim Gaming Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8g...1ggCIaZkeOUxNA
Old 09-16-2010, 10:24 AM   #58
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
Ditto but for PC. Kind of unbelievable that you have to watch that.

I actually really like what they've done with the gameplan. Very intuitive, though I wish they'd have a descriptor for player skills on the player menu instead of having to go to the poorly organized player index list just to find out what each means.

The CPU on professional has been clinical against me lol. There was really only one Fifa-esque goal where I felt cheated but the animation was believable and the defender was a poor marker (Japanese national team).
To avoid the video thing, on settings check the skip video option, it's the 3rd option below the resolution settings.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:30 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 18

To me, PES seems SO MUCH better than FIFA if you want realism. Don't get me wrong, FIFA is good this year and I'm going to buy it since it is released earlier here in the US. But I will be grabbing PES this year as well for my Ps3.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:42 AM   #60
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
Speaking of Goalies check out these 2 saves my keeper made. Sorry for the terrible quaility it was from my phone.

P.S. I think this was from the Winning Eleven demo but still.

lol, that might be the worst camera angle for an internet video in the history of mankind, lol.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:49 AM   #61
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik
lol, that might be the worst camera angle for an internet video in the history of mankind, lol.
Woo hoo then I made history.

Sorry I tried. I really did

Oh well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2010, 02:00 PM   #62
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Hey guys how can I download this demo for 360? I made a japanese account a while back, do I need to make a euro one?
Old 09-16-2010, 02:01 PM   #63
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
Hey guys how can I download this demo for 360? I made a japanese account a while back, do I need to make a euro one?
Yes I believe so. Although the Winning Elven demo was on the Japanese store for the ps3 so you might find it there for the 360.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:19 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ok, here are my impressions on the PES and FIFA demos.

First, I am surprised at the similarities of the two. They both are very fast on default, the passing feels pretty similar although I think PES is a little more realistic and gives you more pinpoint control.

They both have the cpu surrounding your players quickly and neither gives you a lot of time to maintain the ball with one player.

With that said, I've played 3 gull games of PES and about 1 hr of FIFA.

I can't make up my mind just yet. Maybe I just haven't nailed down the intricacies of PES 2011 yet, but the players feel a little too clunky for me right now. I understand not wanting to allow all players the ability to stop and start and turn whenever they choose, but I feel like it's a little too overdone and something as simple as cutting back in another direction seems to be too difficult for even the skilled players.

The build up in moving the ball in PES is fantastic and definitely better than FIFA.

I had high hopes for this PES because I miss certain things about the game that FIFA has never been able to implement as good as PES did in its PS2 glory years.

There are certain aspects that they've always nailed that FIFA didn't quite get right even with their last 2 games that have been great.

One is the variety and randomness of play and goal scoring opportunities, and the other is the shooting. In FIFA, I don't really feel like I have any real power behind a shot. Everything just kind of floats in, especially when shooting outside of the box. PES always made you feel like you were really smashing the ball if you had a guy like a Steven Gerrard.

I do think that FIFA has improved on the shooting as I do see some balls being stricken with more authority and I think the build up to scoring is a bit more varied than it was in 09 and 10 where I felt like everything went through the center forward.

I am very surprised at how good the FIFA 11 demo is and I wasn't expecting that.

BUt I'll keep playing PES until I feel like I've got it down pat before I make my final decision. I thought it was certain to be a PES year for me, but it looks like I have a tough decision on my hands now.

Anyway, sorry for the rant guys.....those are my impressions.

Oh, and BTW......I don't like that PES changed the camera view to one that is more similar to FIFA's. I always liked the PES camera more and how the characters were bigger. I don't dislike this camera view, I just liked the original PES camera better and I hate to see it changed.

Last edited by Texas Ace; 09-16-2010 at 03:22 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »