Home

This or Fifa?

This is a discussion on This or Fifa? within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2010, 12:38 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 29
This or Fifa?

I know I am clearly in a forum where people may be a bit biased towards PES but I am willing to say up front that I know next to nothing about soccer.

I know there will be a big edit mode in this game but I want to be able to use edited files and such. My biggest question is whether or not there will be file-sharing in game or if it will be limited to weird USB or Memory Card Transfers.

Thanks for your input.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2010, 12:53 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: This or Fifa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marktg30
I know I am clearly in a forum where people may be a bit biased towards PES but I am willing to say up front that I know next to nothing about soccer.

I know there will be a big edit mode in this game but I want to be able to use edited files and such. My biggest question is whether or not there will be file-sharing in game or if it will be limited to weird USB or Memory Card Transfers.

Thanks for your input.
It all depends on your flavor. These are two entirely different games. It is not the same like MLB 10 vs MLB 2K10. These two games have it's own personality that gives it's own flavor to the game. PES is not a next gen game, I think it's magic was as a PS2 game-it has yet to step with the big boys like Madden, NHL, MLB 10, NBA 2K etc..... FIFA is a more mythodical game where as PES is a highlight reel.

I say play both demos and choose the one you like the most but to ask, which one? is really like comparing an apple to an orange.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:25 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Both games were good last year. At one point I actually preferred FIFA over PES. But, then the games started feeling the same. This year for me it is no contest. I usually get both games, but this year I am only getting PES.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:57 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

Simlply put, PES is a Football simulation and Fifa a footie game. Select the experience you like the best: Simulation or Simple fun
Old 09-19-2010, 04:26 PM   #5
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadalyst17
It all depends on your flavor. These are two entirely different games. It is not the same like MLB 10 vs MLB 2K10. These two games have it's own personality that gives it's own flavor to the game. PES is not a next gen game, I think it's magic was as a PS2 game-it has yet to step with the big boys like Madden, NHL, MLB 10, NBA 2K etc..... FIFA is a more mythodical game where as PES is a highlight reel.

I say play both demos and choose the one you like the most but to ask, which one? is really like comparing an apple to an orange.
Madden is next gen? Heck, Madden 04-07 on ps2 still kills madden today. And let's not even bring NFL 2K5 in this. LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2010, 04:39 PM   #6
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadalyst17

Where is this PES isn't next gen sentiment coming from? What determines a next gen game?
Old 09-19-2010, 05:19 PM   #7
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
Simply put, PES is a Football simulation and Fifa a footie game.
Couldn't have said it better. PES just does a better job of feeling like the games I watch. There are just things in the PES 2011 demo i've never seen (or felt like i've seen in FIFA). Every game really feels different in PES.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:33 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesox
Where is this PES isn't next gen sentiment coming from? What determines a next gen game?
But it's only a sentiment with him, since he's the only one who has said it, and he hasn't defended himself at all.

The game is actually current gen, as is Fifa, NBA2k, and any sports game on the PS3/360 since the systems have been around long enough to no longer be next gen.

Not only that, but anyone who thinks PES 2011 is like a ps2 game clearly hasn't played enough of the demo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »