Home

Online Master League

This is a discussion on Online Master League within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
Online Master League

Alright, I think we need a thread specifically to discuss this mode. Haven't tried it yet, but I've read quite a bit about it, and it sounds kind of similar to Madden and NHL's "Ultimate Team"...sort of like a online RPG/fantasy soccer mode.

My understanding is that you get a default roster to start with, and then you are responsible for managing them and acquiring new funds (I guess by playing online), but money is pretty hard to come by, so it's not like you can go buy a ton of skill quickly.

Anybody try this out that cares to explain what it is and how it works?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2010, 04:44 PM   #2
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Online Master League

When you first start out you pick the team you want. If you pick a licensed team you can't edit anything. If you pick an unlicensed team I think you can edit the name, kit, etc.

You start with default players no matter what and $500,000. You can release your players to get money to sign better players. When you go to release you can see what the value is. The more people that have that player on there teams the higher the value will be. Better players are more expensive. EX. Messi I think cost 10 million when I looked the other day.

You can play exhibition matches or enter tournaments. You pay a fee to play both types of matches but you also get money after the game regardless of the result. You get more money playing in tournaments but you have to enter them right as they start. they are tough to get into. as your team gets better it costs more to play those matches.

All games are played online vs. other players.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:00 PM   #3
MVP

ezio's Arena

this thread might be useful when you start out too. It has a list of Bargain players.

http://forums.pesfan.com/showthread.php?t=235103

I highly recommend Maurice Edu as a DMF.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:05 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Tried to start this tonight, but the lag online was absolutely horrific. Also got pressed like crazy throughout the whole match. It was a nice reminder as to why I don't play sports games online - at least with people I don't know...LOL!
Old 10-23-2010, 08:12 AM   #5
Immense Dimension

electrickeeper's Arena

OVR: 12

Great thread there, Ezio.

I am loving the 'scouting' aspect of this, plus coach mode is pretty sweet as well.

If there was a way to make a private MLO world, I would never leave the house.

- Playstation Football Association Career(online manager mode)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2010, 10:34 AM   #6
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Thanks to Ezio for the information. I am kind of like instantpop in that I don't generally play sports games online (with some exceptions, like my online dynasty in NCAA 11). While I totally understand why people would want the challenge/interaction, I think it's funny that people spend hours nitpicking over little quirks in A.I. gameplay that ruin the realism, but then they're totally willing to hop online and play HUMAN opponents that use all sorts of cheeser tactics and things that don't resemble real life.

Still, I would check it out, but I'm hearing the online performance in this game is pretty poor. Part of that probably relates to the fact that I'm in the U.S. and most people who play this game are probably in Europe or Asia. But whatever the reason, laggy soccer games are not much fun.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:44 AM   #7
MVP

ezio's Arena

The lag really hasn't been that bad for me to be honest. It does slow down sometimes but not as bad as before IMO. I really love MLO right now
Old 10-25-2010, 02:25 PM   #8
MVP

teambayern's Arena

OVR: 20

Yeah, the lag for me isn't bad. It sometimes gets on my nerves but most games are good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »