Home

Tactics discussion

This is a discussion on Tactics discussion within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #17
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Tactics discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle
i just recently started playing this game as fifa Career Mode is ridiculously boring. so this has been a breath of fresh air. it is very complicated.

the first question i have is when starting a game, there is the three options of manager controls, then simple and manual... which are you guys using? i have been letting the manager run an offensive game.

also, i do like how the manager subs for me and i control the players... what do you guys think?
I use Manual.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #18
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Thanks for the post BC. Something that will definitely help me out.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:09 PM   #19
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15

I made the switch last night to manual. Then there are 2 spots that ask if you want to use assistance, the top says NO and the bottom says YES. Still confused on that piece.

EDIT: I figured it out, still learning the Data Management piece.

Last edited by Randiesel75; 01-11-2011 at 09:11 PM. Reason: user error
Old 01-12-2011, 03:40 PM   #20
MVP

jesmith29's Arena

OVR: 6

How often do people use the 1-2 pass? The controlls still seem overwhelming at times.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:35 PM   #21
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

dude...the 1-2 pass is a must...

the only thing I like about fifa is that it has (or had, i dunno) a button to have one of your men just make a run forward...i find myself pressing that button still!!

You HAVE to get the 1-2 down...it ain't that bad, button-wise...
just hold L1 when you make the pass and hit triangle shortly after or just before receiving the pass...this is great for freeing the winger for a cross, or sometimes better, but more difficult, sending your CF or AMF behind the line for an opportunity.

work on it, man...it is the awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #22
Rookie

JsMcbain's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi
dude...the 1-2 pass is a must...

the only thing I like about fifa is that it has (or had, i dunno) a button to have one of your men just make a run forward...i find myself pressing that button still!!

You HAVE to get the 1-2 down...it ain't that bad, button-wise...
just hold L1 when you make the pass and hit triangle shortly after or just before receiving the pass...this is great for freeing the winger for a cross, or sometimes better, but more difficult, sending your CF or AMF behind the line for an opportunity.

work on it, man...it is the awesome.
I know it wasn't intended for me but can I try it as well?
Old 03-09-2011, 08:45 PM   #23
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

I had a thread going for last year's game at PES Gaming, one that came up with sweeping overall adjustments to team styles and made the game more realistic.

So far I think this game plays a lot better than last year's out of the box. However, I still think the pressure from the AI is too constant. I tried lowering it to zero for each team in the Copa Libertadores and it made a huge difference. It was so drastic that it really was too low. That's good though, because that tells me there's a balance point to be had. If I had to guess now I would say if you cut each team's pressure in half it will play a lot more realistically.

I may delve into these settings a bit more if I have the time. It helped a lot last year.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:19 PM   #24
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
...If I had to guess now I would say if you cut each team's pressure in half it will play a lot more realistically...
Just applied this to La Liga and got a few good games in, playing on: Pro, zero speed, 15 minute halves.

It's definitely more realistic, and it even makes the game a bit tougher because you really have to manage how your own team pressures the ball. If you don't use the close down button well in conjunction with the 2nd teammate help button, the AI will have a better chance at retaining possession, since your AI teammates are all programmed to pressure less.

This tweak also doesn't seem to have any adverse effect on the backline, for both the user and the AI controlled teams. That is of course a good thing. I was thinking it might make the defenders too passive, but that's not the case.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »