Home

Master League Thread

This is a discussion on Master League Thread within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #65
MVP

jesmith29's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Master League Thread

I play Pro/-2/15 min.

Question I have for everyone, what are you averaging for goals per game?

In the EPL, Liverpool, after 18 matches I have 17 while giving up 8. In the FA Cup and Europa doing much better as Carroll has 2 hat tricks. He is ruthless on headers!

The pressure put on by the CPU is relentless. At times it feels like they're all over the place.

I sit 3rd with 11W 4D 3L. I'm in the Semi's of the FA Cup and made the elimination phase of the Europa League. Overall I'm 17W 5L 5D.

Just got done with the transfer window and made alot of changes. Offered $16,250,900 for Carragher. Went for youth and speed on my transfers.

Out: Babel, Konchesky, Poulsen, Carragher, Kyrgiakos, Aurelio, Jones

In: Bale, Abate, Sessegnon, De Silvestri, Wright-Phillips, Palmieri (YT Promotion)

Last edited by jesmith29; 03-12-2011 at 12:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #66
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

I am only about 7 games in...plying with the ML scrubs.

Promoted Palmieri, Shimizu, and Schwarz right away...how could I not?

Signed the CB I was "told" to sign at the beginning of the scenario, so my backline is "solid"-ish. Also brought up Fatecha to mind the posts after I couldn't sign a better keeper.

Turned down an Argentine LMF from Boca...market value of 2+mil, but my scout was wanting to pay $9mil...I thought that was a bit much. Ximelez still serves me well enough...he and Ruskin are holding down the left side pretty well.

I am amazed at the horrible shooting of the COM teams...atrocious.

Only playing on Regular/-1, so it should be time for a move up to Pro pretty soon, I guess.

1) it is a heck of a lot easier to put the ball in the back of the net compared to other PES games I have played (WE8/9/PES09). Kinda disappointing...scoring great goals with shoddy players. Hope it isn't too easy once my team is developed.

2) can you "regulate condition" anymore? I go into games and everyone's form is in the toilet...no changing that anymore, huh?

3) How do you shield the ball now? Is it still L1? nothing seems to work for me.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:47 PM   #67
MVP

jesmith29's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi
3) How do you shield the ball now? Is it still L1? nothing seems to work for me.
Either I'm blind or you can't do this anymore. I can't find anything in the manual so is it a hidden trick? If they took this away that sucks as it would be a good feature.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:39 PM   #68
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

I'm absolutely shocked at how well my ML is going. I just beat Lille 2-1 in extra time to win the Europa League. Currently 1st in the Premier League leading Arsenal by 2 points with 4 games left to play in the season. I have reset prevention turned on so that there's no going back at all, and I'm simming a good amount of games so that the CPU sim plays a role in determining where my team really should stand. I've simmed at least 10 league matches, and for the Europa League I simmed half of the group games, and the 1st leg of every home/away tie. I'm trying hard for this to play out as fair and realistic as possible.

I'm trying to build a balanced team with limited weak spots. I want solid but not spectacular players rated mostly between 80 to 85. I don't want to spend big on someone in the 90's and I don't want to be hampered by playing guys in the low 70's.

I have $90 million right now, and my team salary is still under $30 mil. Again, really, really surprised by this.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:53 AM   #69
MVP

fugazi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmith29
Either I'm blind or you can't do this anymore. I can't find anything in the manual so is it a hidden trick? If they took this away that sucks as it would be a good feature.
I have seen the CPU do it...and pretty sure folks online do it.

EDIT: Seems L1 still does it...

BTW, can you do player swaps in ML? All in all, I don't think I like how transfers/negotiations are handled in ML now.

Last edited by fugazi; 03-13-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:26 AM   #70
MVP

jesmith29's Arena

Just when you think you've seen it all, something new pops up in this game.

Playing Man U, 0-0, and in the 35' the ref blows his whistle while I have the ball in the corner ready to cross. He pulls out a Red Card on Carroll. I'm like WTF! When they showed the replay, he just tackled Ferdinand for no reason. Completely brain dead move.

10 men the rest of the way. In the 80' that damn Berbatov scores and I lose 1-0.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:49 AM   #71
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

oh dear... just got the red blinking eye of death on my ps3... no mo ML or PES for a long time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2011, 11:53 AM   #72
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmith29
Just when you think you've seen it all, something new pops up in this game.

Playing Man U, 0-0, and in the 35' the ref blows his whistle while I have the ball in the corner ready to cross. He pulls out a Red Card on Carroll. I'm like WTF! When they showed the replay, he just tackled Ferdinand for no reason. Completely brain dead move.

10 men the rest of the way. In the 80' that damn Berbatov scores and I lose 1-0.
35'...£35 million...something is going on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »