Home

Ign article:PES2012 You can pass to yourself.

This is a discussion on Ign article:PES2012 You can pass to yourself. within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Ign article:PES2012 You can pass to yourself.

Here some of the story:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1185738p1.html

Quote:
Teammate Control lets you control two on-screen players at once, and in short, it's a total game changer -- but that doesn't mean it's easy. While FIFA' allowed gamers to call players in for help or send them on runs, it never provided full control. After years of relying on AI and semi-controlled breaks into space, gamers can now fully manipulate their surroundings. The only catch: it's quite difficult to manage. My first attempts at using the new feature caused a breakdown in coordination ending with me sending my teammates running out of bounds as I failed to simultaneously dribble around defenders. Other times a mental hiccup would cause both players to run around in alternating circles. Rather than smoothly kicking a player into a run, I'd often force him to stop in his tracks and lose momentum. But for every handful of missteps, there's that golden moment when the stars align on the pitch and you pull off an insane pass for a break and an open look at the net. Then it's all worth it.

For those of us who get their fingers tied in knots over such things, Teammate Control can be turned off if they'd like to toy with it in small doses (or not use it altogether). But for serious players looking to make the perfect play, it will likely become a staple in their virtual soccer career. I've cursed my AI teammates a hundred and one times for not sprinting into space for an easy breakaway. In the PES 2012 demo at E3, Konami showed new AI smarts to combat this frustration, but at this point in development they've upped their own ante by giving players full control over their nearby allies. The new maneuver is pulled off with a simple click of the right stick, whilst pointed the direction of the desired teammate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Ign article:PES2012 You can pass to yourself.

Mmmmmeh?

Sounds awkward... If I'm understanding this right...

Pointing with right stick and then clicking R3 is bound to cause some problems, because the analog stick buttons don't always register right unless the stick is centered.

And then the question arises, will you see the AI "make use" of it? That is to say, will you see creative runs from the AI as well?

Seems like maybe they tried to get too fancy with it, and maybe should have stuck with something simple like R3 = make a run forward... Then program the AI to make runs too.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:23 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Ign article:PES2012 You can pass to yourself.

I hope they improve the cursor switching. Seems like every goal that is scored on me online, is because when I switch cursor it always goes to the wrong player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »