Home

New WENB PES 2012 Preview Code Impressions

This is a discussion on New WENB PES 2012 Preview Code Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2011, 05:10 AM   #9
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: New WENB PES 2012 Preview Code Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
One could make the opposite argument for FIFA. Until it brings the AI around to something more than route one soccer tactics and fixes the dead on passing accuracy, all the great animations and beautiful graphics don't matter.

I am really torn over what game to get. I wish we could just mash the two together. I don't have time to own two soccer games this holiday.
And I would completely agree...It's easy to see how PES' AI is something that would win people over. If I had the power, I would "mash" them as well. I swear I'm going to try like hell to buy neither game until thorough reviews are out. Tough considering the leagues have started and I'm itching for some soccer now.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:57 PM   #10
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
I've learned over the last few years to take anything W11 Blog says with a grain of salt.

I *really* want PES to be great this year, but until they get rid of the clunky animations and bring the fluidity of the play up to FIFA-like standards, all the great AI and other stuff under the hood just doesn't matter.
Well IMO based on the 1st demo the clunky animations are gone and that was my biggest problem with the game as well.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:20 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
One could make the opposite argument for FIFA. Until it brings the AI around to something more than route one soccer tactics and fixes the dead on passing accuracy, all the great animations and beautiful graphics don't matter.

I am really torn over what game to get. I wish we could just mash the two together. I don't have time to own two soccer games this holiday.
Heading into my final semester of college, I'm in the same boat. I definitely LOVE how PES's goals are "different" and don't all look/feel like the same five or six from FIFA, but the licensing and graphics have me concerned, especially after playing switching from PES to FIFA for the past four years.

It'll be up to the final demos next week to convince me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2011, 06:25 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

I think Konami has done a good in releasing 2 demos and continue to take feedback from the most important communities like WENB. I'm very optimistic that the final, retail copy of the game will be a great one.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:39 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
Well IMO based on the 1st demo the clunky animations are gone and that was my biggest problem with the game as well.
I haven't played PES in years (except for this first demo). Can someone tell me, rather show me via a YouTube video what clunky animations you guys are referring to?
Old 09-10-2011, 08:25 AM   #14
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeruvianPlaya954
I haven't played PES in years (except for this first demo). Can someone tell me, rather show me via a YouTube video what clunky animations you guys are referring to?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9-IVeE4WM4

Here is a video of PES 2011, start watching after 2:15. You will notice in some instances how players may trap the ball and turn with it. It comes off very clunky, and the players turn slow. The animation isn't that bad when looking at it but when playing you real notice it because it feels like your turning an elephant sometimes with certain players. I just think PES needed to find the right balance with animations and PES 2012 hits that right balance, IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »