Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 Trailer - Gamescom 2011

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 Trailer - Gamescom 2011 within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #25
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 Trailer - Gamescom 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
Football Life looks great, but the Goalies were terribly weak in that trailer.
Could be the difficulty but I do agree that is one of the weakest things in the trailer. It is said that they are working on it but I would really like to see some new GK animations. I haven't seen great GK since PES 6 although I do think that PES 11 wasn't that bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #26
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Could be the difficulty but I do agree that is one of the weakest things in the trailer. It is said that they are working on it but I would really like to see some new GK animations. I haven't seen great GK since PES 6 although I do think that PES 11 wasn't that bad.
I didn't think the keeping was that bad either granted all I played was BAL.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:29 AM   #27
#QuestForSix

JahMarLen's Arena

OVR: 15

Great video! I haven't touched PES since 08' and been wanting to jump back on. After watching this video I'm definitely grabbing this. I can't wait to try out the demo.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:20 PM   #28
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I didn't think the keeping was that bad either granted all I played was BAL.
Yeah, I played a lot of BAL too and I seen some very nice saves from GK's. I just hope they improve their animations. Also one thing I really hope they fix is the condition arrows, and make it really based on form. Something I noticed in BAL is that if two GK's (also other players) are really close in rating say 74 & 76 in most cases they will be sharing games depending on the condition arrows. It's not as bad as it sounds because in some cases it makes sense, they are playing the better player at the moment.

However, I feel it is unrealistic because a goalie could be on a five game clean sheet after being on a red arrow condition, all of a sudden one game later he gives up two goals and goes down to a green arrow(which is still good), while the second gk goes to a yellow incline arrow and the coach ends up playing him over the next few games ignoring the fact that their number one goalie was in better form and his the better goalie at the moment. This happens in all positions too but not as much as the GK's, this may be small problem for some or others might not care but I just always felt it ignores realistic in-game form, I really hope they improve it
Old 08-19-2011, 01:42 PM   #29
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Yeah, I played a lot of BAL too and I seen some very nice saves from GK's. I just hope they improve their animations. Also one thing I really hope they fix is the condition arrows, and make it really based on form. Something I noticed in BAL is that if two GK's (also other players) are really close in rating say 74 & 76 in most cases they will be sharing games depending on the condition arrows. It's not as bad as it sounds because in some cases it makes sense, they are playing the better player at the moment.

However, I feel it is unrealistic because a goalie could be on a five game clean sheet after being on a red arrow condition, all of a sudden one game later he gives up two goals and goes down to a green arrow(which is still good), while the second gk goes to a yellow incline arrow and the coach ends up playing him over the next few games ignoring the fact that their number one goalie was in better form and his the better goalie at the moment. This happens in all positions too but not as much as the GK's, this may be small problem for some or others might not care but I just always felt it ignores realistic in-game form, I really hope they improve it
100% agree. Quite simply, it should be tied into match ratings. I feel like match ratings are fairly accurate in this. They might be a tad on the low side and rounded off but when I feel like I play well the ratings usually support it.

I have a feeling a lot of people are looking at the videos and thinking that it looks just like 2011. All of the testers/reviewers keep saying is "play it first and then judge it". I'm amped to get the demo. I think BAL will be the true test of how much the AI has improved.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:40 PM   #30
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

The football life part of this video has me ecstatic. Can't wait!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »