Home

PES 2012 Demo 2 Impressions/Discussion

This is a discussion on PES 2012 Demo 2 Impressions/Discussion within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2011, 01:10 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: 2nd Demo Available on X360 and PS3 Soon?

Just played my first game with the 2nd demo. I was playing as Rangers and got throttled by The Hotspurs 3-0, on Pro difficulty no less.

Is it me or is the game faster since the first demo? I might have to bump the speed down to -2.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:18 PM   #74
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Just played my first game with the 2nd demo. I was playing as Rangers and got throttled by The Hotspurs 3-0, on Pro difficulty no less.

Is it me or is the game faster since the first demo? I might have to bump the speed down to -2.
Seemed faster to me too, Played the first demo in PC and 2nd on 360. Don't know if they normally play at different speeds.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:33 PM   #75
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

After this play by the AI I got pretty excited. After all my time in PES last year I don't recall seeing the computer do this.

It is beautiful looking but pretty basic chip but as mentioned I don't recall seeing the AI attempt it. Normally they would just bring it down, shoot or dribble forward and the keeper would just dive at the ball. Seeing this was awesome!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 02:13 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
After this play by the AI I got pretty excited. After all my time in PES last year I don't recall seeing the computer do this.

It is beautiful looking but pretty basic chip but as mentioned I don't recall seeing the AI attempt it. Normally they would just bring it down, shoot or dribble forward and the keeper would just dive at the ball. Seeing this was awesome!
Altimus you have got to lay off the coffee, man. You are making me dizzy.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #77
Pro

OVR: 12

Some real quick impressions

It was taking me awhile to get used to controls for the game, eventually I just custom configured it to how FIFA's are, I felt more comfortable after that. I initially felt like a fish out of water but quickly started seeing some of that touted ai everyone is always talking about. It's a noticeable difference but not miles and miles above.

After playing a good 10 games I played a few games of FIFA 12 for comparison. There were definitely things I missed about the PES 12 demo and something all of a sudden just felt a bit off about FIFA. The flip side is that I really noticed just how ugly PES 12 is especially in the lighting department.

If I had cash to burn I might just buy both as it stands I don't know if there's enough in either demo to convince me to not keep playing FIFA 09 for a while longer to get my football fix.

+ I like how the first touch feels, it's not always glued to your foot from the get go.

Here are some points that stood out

+ My teammates express a desire to go after loose balls.

+ The opposing ai is more patient building up their attack than in FIFA games

- The lighting looks bad, everything is so dark, it's just not pretty

- The running animations, especially when you sprint are just awful, they almost remind me of the really old snes games where the legs are just spinning, like how Mario runs.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:49 PM   #78
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipperfan811
Some real quick impressions

It was taking me awhile to get used to controls for the game, eventually I just custom configured it to how FIFA's are, I felt more comfortable after that. I initially felt like a fish out of water but quickly started seeing some of that touted ai everyone is always talking about. It's a noticeable difference but not miles and miles above.

After playing a good 10 games I played a few games of FIFA 12 for comparison. There were definitely things I missed about the PES 12 demo and something all of a sudden just felt a bit off about FIFA. The flip side is that I really noticed just how ugly PES 12 is especially in the lighting department.

If I had cash to burn I might just buy both as it stands I don't know if there's enough in either demo to convince me to not keep playing FIFA 09 for a while longer to get my football fix.

+ I like how the first touch feels, it's not always glued to your foot from the get go.

Here are some points that stood out

+ My teammates express a desire to go after loose balls.

+ The opposing ai is more patient building up their attack than in FIFA games

- The lighting looks bad, everything is so dark, it's just not pretty

- The running animations, especially when you sprint are just awful, they almost remind me of the really old snes games where the legs are just spinning, like how Mario runs.
These are my beef about the game too.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:10 PM   #79
Rookie

CrimsonCream's Arena

OVR: 2

Just played the demo and must say I enjoyed it. It's taking a bit of an adjustment to relearn the controls after playing the FIFA demo. Overall I think I enjoyed it more than FIFA. More play time needed to reach a final verdict.

One question: Is there a speed burst button in PES? I didn't notice any kind of boost using the shoulder buttons (Xbox 360).
Old 09-14-2011, 04:12 PM   #80
Pro

Panicshade's Arena

OVR: 9

http://editor.pesfan.com/PES2012/Ann...rols_front.pdf
http://editor.pesfan.com/PES2012/Ann...trols_back.pdf

Just substitute the 360 controls if that is what you need (diagrams show PS3 controls)

Last edited by Panicshade; 09-14-2011 at 04:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »