Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 Demo Roundtable

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 Demo Roundtable within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2011, 08:54 PM   #17
Staff Writer

kelvinmak's Arena

OVR: 16
Having played the demo for while now, I think part of why PES is getting a rep as an arcade game is the way the CPU continually pushing forwards. A few people have noted it in the impressions thread, and perhaps tweaking the tactics to a slower, more possession based one might help-- because right now it's just too quick.

Having said that, I really do think the off the ball movement this year is impressive, and in the long run, if they do fix the way the AI's gung ho style, can keep the game fresh for a much longer period than PES 2011 did.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:08 PM   #18
MVP

jesmith29's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 Demo Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinmak
Having played the demo for while now, I think part of why PES is getting a rep as an arcade game is the way the CPU continually pushing forwards. A few people have noted it in the impressions thread, and perhaps tweaking the tactics to a slower, more possession based one might help-- because right now it's just too quick.

Having said that, I really do think the off the ball movement this year is impressive, and in the long run, if they do fix the way the AI's gung ho style, can keep the game fresh for a much longer period than PES 2011 did.
Since this is all being based on the demo, what are the chances the full game would have it fixed?

I've played the 1st demo on PS3, really like it, but defense is alot different from 2011.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:14 PM   #19
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:

I guess I can see that point being made. To me, the variety of goals in this game has me believing that its more sim than the other game. Guess it just depends on what part of the game you'd most want to reflect the real life sport. The weight of the ball and variety of play/goals makes this game feel more lifelike to me.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:38 PM   #20
Staff Writer

kelvinmak's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmith29
Since this is all being based on the demo, what are the chances the full game would have it fixed?

I've played the 1st demo on PS3, really like it, but defense is alot different from 2011.
Jon Murphy's tweeted that he's passed a list of bugs onto the team to be worked on. But I think in this day and age you're pretty much obligated to tweet that. Whether they'll actually fix it for the full game-- your guess is as good as mine.

I mean, this is nothing new. If you play PES 2011 using the tactics from the box, without any editing on your part, they were always sort of meh too. More than a few times I've encountered teams playing with some really strange strategies. I had a Master League going as Man Utd and imagine my surprise when I saw much weaker teams trying to suffocate me with high lines and heavy pressing (a lot of them in the Champions League too, of all places) which of course, is suicidal unless they're Barcelona, or Liverpool at Anfield, as I'm sure you would remember from last year

Last edited by kelvinmak; 09-21-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:01 PM   #21
Rookie

richie923's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soho
IMO PES is for casual gamers
and FIFA is for simballers
I think most people feel the exact opposite.

FIFA doesn't look like a game of soccer. You never see this fast paced action in soccer. There is no build up play with FIFA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2011, 11:19 PM   #22
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

I hope the gun ho attacking style was passed on to Jon Murphy as a bug and they fix this before they final release because it is the only thing holding me back from enjoying this game to its full extent. It is more noticeable when playing more than 10 min matches.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:57 PM   #23
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:

I've seen decent variety. Rangers have hoofed long balls up to their ST. Spurs have attacked me from the wings and Inter has worked it methodically through the center of the pitch. None of the teams in the demo are high possession teams in real life. I'm happy with the variety of the CPU attacks in the demo. We'll see what happens in the retail version.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:09 AM   #24
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I've seen decent variety. Rangers have hoofed long balls up to their ST. Spurs have attacked me from the wings and Inter has worked it methodically through the center of the pitch. None of the teams in the demo are high possession teams in real life. I'm happy with the variety of the CPU attacks in the demo. We'll see what happens in the retail version.
Its weird because after my post I loaded up the demo on the PS3 and the game seems different from the PC patch version, can anybody else confirm this. Like you said the variety is there but we will have to wait and see for the retail version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »