Home

2012 AI Tactics and Settings

This is a discussion on 2012 AI Tactics and Settings within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30
2012 AI Tactics and Settings

After playing some games using MrGameTights's option file, I thought we could discuss how to make the AI play a little (or a lot?) better.

A couple things I've noticed just from looking at the EPL teams. Most teams first tactics are set to "Long Ball" or "Quick Counter" including ones that shouldn't be, like ManU. So I guess the first thing is to understand which of the 4 Preset Tactics the CPU uses and when they use them? For instance, do they use the first Preset at the start of the game, or does it change based on Home/Away or being a stronger/weaker team?

Second, I've noticed the "Standard" tactic seems like it can be changed for each individual team. So each team can have it's own personalized tactic without having to share (ala FIFA, there isn't a CTT limit). So if we can understand when the CPU uses tactics, we can assign individualized ones to each team to help get them playing like they do in real life.

All I've personally looked at so far was changing ManU's tactics from the default "Long Ball" to Standard, Possession, Quick Counter, and All-Out Attack. I played against them using Spurs, with ManU being the away team, and they came out playing Quick Counter it seemed. Everything was a quick, long pass upfield to a striker or a wing and had very little build-up play.

I think if we can get a better understanding of how the CPU works, we can really tailor this game to each team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: 2012 AI Tactics and Settings

Great post! I plan on working some teams as soon as I get the game, I addressed some of the tactics while playing the demo 2 and I was able to get Inter, Bayern, and Tottenham to play pretty close to what they do in real life. Hopefully I get the game the tomorrow.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:38 PM   #3
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

I think the other thing you need to look at is the other settings with the pre-set stuff. What I mean is Barca is set to posession and so is Roma I think as an example but the other settings like player switching etc. seem to change the way both teams play IMO.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:49 PM   #4
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
I think the other thing you need to look at is the other settings with the pre-set stuff. What I mean is Barca is set to posession and so is Roma I think as an example but the other settings like player switching etc. seem to change the way both teams play IMO.
All that is important, stuff like how deep the defensive line is set, etc.

But what I think is top of the list, is how does the AI use the 4 preset tactics? I remember last year they had a bunch of conditions you could use, like ahead in the 60th min, etc. but I don't see that anymore. So the #1 preset for Barca might be Possession, but does that mean it's always used? I'd assume not, but how/when does the AI determine which preset to use?
Old 09-27-2011, 09:55 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 6

Will definitely be tuning into this thread.

I was wondering where that tactics screen went that let you choose different tactics based on situation/ time. That was incredibly useful last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2011, 10:07 PM   #6
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
All that is important, stuff like how deep the defensive line is set, etc.

But what I think is top of the list, is how does the AI use the 4 preset tactics? I remember last year they had a bunch of conditions you could use, like ahead in the 60th min, etc. but I don't see that anymore. So the #1 preset for Barca might be Possession, but does that mean it's always used? I'd assume not, but how/when does the AI determine which preset to use?
I thought the pictures of the manager on the bottom of the formation screen represented different conditions, I was going according to that. If you look at the different body languages it kind of seemed like that to me. What does it say in the manual?
Old 09-28-2011, 07:27 AM   #7
MVP

ezio's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I thought the pictures of the manager on the bottom of the formation screen represented different conditions, I was going according to that. If you look at the different body languages it kind of seemed like that to me. What does it say in the manual?
Manual? Who reads the manual
Old 09-28-2011, 07:35 AM   #8
MVP

ezio's Arena

Ok here goes:

Devise your set of preset tactics. You can create up to 4 Preset tactics and 1 is triggered at all times during a match, to create Preset tacttics, you must first decide on aformation and then adjust the indivual options.

But as Bahnzo said the ones they had last year for what do at certain times in the match are gone so we need to try and figured out if the CPU uses Preset 1 at the start etc.

Last edited by ezio; 09-28-2011 at 07:38 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »