Home

PC Players: The Must Have Downloads

This is a discussion on PC Players: The Must Have Downloads within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: PC Players: The Must Have Downloads

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
My gaming laptop will arrive here today
Always a glorious day when the new PC arrives! Lucky you.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #58
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

thanks for the comments peigone:

But what I want to use is jenkey or yair's mods with current kits and rosters. I really don't need the bells and whistles, just gameplay, kits and rosters and I'm happy.

what is no-dvd.exe? u play without the disc? Do u need to download the digital game or any other way to use this no-dvd.exe....or can u use it based off the dvd game?
Old 01-17-2012, 12:05 PM   #59
Banned

Quote:
what is no-dvd.exe?
It's an .exe designed to be used with the download version. When those mods first came out, they were .exe specific. But now I think they can be used with multiple versions of the game, both the download version and disk version. They usually tell you on their download page.

Files/mods are update version-specific as well: 1.00, 1.01, 1.02, etc. The option files (roster saves) that people upload for example, and that were created with version 1.02 of the game, won't work in the disk version of the game you bought until you update to 1.02.

Last edited by peigone; 01-17-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:03 PM   #60
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
It's an .exe designed to be used with the download version. When those mods first came out, they were .exe specific. But now I think they can be used with multiple versions of the game, both the download version and disk version. They usually tell you on their download page.

Files/mods are update version-specific as well: 1.00, 1.01, 1.02, etc. The option files (roster saves) that people upload for example, and that were created with version 1.02 of the game, won't work in the disk version of the game you bought until you update to 1.02.
ok that is clearer....jenkey's latest patch is compatible with 1.03 so with my DVD version, I need to get online and update just like console versions correct?

Jenkey also said that no disk. exe works best, he himself wrote it in his evoweb thread when someone complained of crashes using the dvd.

So, do you know a place to get the game digitally? just in case my dvd gives me problems. Don't mind the price, soccer sim gameplay is invaluable for me.

oh, you jinxed my laptop by the way hehe....the msi gt683 633 blah2 came in with an ingrained blotch on the monitor. Will get my replacement tomorrow.

gives me another day to study pc gaming
Old 01-17-2012, 04:47 PM   #61
Banned

Quote:
oh, you jinxed my laptop by the way hehe....
Ha-ha, whoops. Bummer about your laptop, that's a letdown.

Did not know that about jenkey's mod working better with the no-disk .exe. When he first released it, it was for the no-disk version only. So he must have eventually tweaked it to work with the disk version as well, but couldn't get it to run 100%. Never heard of that problem with other PES mods I've used.

I picked up the digital version of PES 2011 last year from gamesplanet. But I read the other day that someone here tried to download 2012 from there, but wasn't able to. I don't know, haven't tried myself.

http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-downlo...2-2733-34.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #62
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
Ha-ha, whoops. Bummer about your laptop, that's a letdown.

Did not know that about jenkey's mod working better with the no-disk .exe. When he first released it, it was for the no-disk version only. So he must have eventually tweaked it to work with the disk version as well, but couldn't get it to run 100%. Never heard of that problem with other PES mods I've used.

I picked up the digital version of PES 2011 last year from gamesplanet. But I read the other day that someone here tried to download 2012 from there, but wasn't able to. I don't know, haven't tried myself.

http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-downlo...2-2733-34.html
ya that was me that said gamesplanet is inacccessible. For some reason when go to gamesplanet and searh PES 2012, it states " Sorry, this product cannot be bought from your location".

I have no idea why....maybe out of stock?? all other games are buyable from that site. Click on the URL you gave me and see if it gives you the same message. Thanks

Last edited by phillyfan23; 01-17-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #63
Banned

I'm in Canada so maybe that's the difference? There are a lot of things I can't download that come from the U.S.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #64
Banned

Quote:
Click on the URL you gave me and see if it gives you the same message.
Did that, game was added to my shopping cart.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »