Home

Did they fix the aerial game?

This is a discussion on Did they fix the aerial game? within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2011, 03:50 PM   #1
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15
Did they fix the aerial game?

While I feel I have control (more or less) when fighting for air balls in midfield...the lack of control in the box, whether attacking or defending, is atrocious in PES2011.

Is the aerial game in 2012 better? If so, how much so?

Also, I am getting seriously frustrated watching my guys run onto a pass, charge up the shot meter, and then IN NO WAY WHATSOEVER attempting to shoot. I cannot count how many times this has happened. Are one-time shots more consistent in 2012?

I really like my Hoffenheim ML, but some of this gameplay BS that makes the game play worse than WE9 is driving me to want to stop playing again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2011, 08:40 AM   #2
Banned

NYJetsfan's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Did they fix the aerial game?

While I didn't play 2011, so I can't compare them, I can say that IMO 2012 aerial game in the box is terrible. It just seems no matter what I do, I lose almost every ball. It's really frustrating me with this game.

The midfield isn't nearly as bad, but there's other issues there too.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:02 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJetsfan
While I didn't play 2011, so I can't compare them, I can say that IMO 2012 aerial game in the box is terrible. It just seems no matter what I do, I lose almost every ball. It's really frustrating me with this game.

The midfield isn't nearly as bad, but there's other issues there too.
Wish I could agree, but I have no problems with the aerial ball. It's about timing, whether you're holding the button or just tapping it. Also, you have to position your player with supercancel (R1+R2) at times. By positioning I mean just tapping R1+R2 to gain control to get into that position, not holding it down.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:16 PM   #4
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Wish I could agree, but I have no problems with the aerial ball. It's about timing, whether you're holding the button or just tapping it. Also, you have to position your player with supercancel (R1+R2) at times. By positioning I mean just tapping R1+R2 to gain control to get into that position, not holding it down.
Ya, I have no problems with the aerial ball either. Just have to make sure you have position and timing correct, but there area times when even then a huge CB will come and rise above me. Never seems cheap though.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #5
Pro

timmuh1515's Arena

OVR: 5

it likely has to do with not using the proper controls. I'm having trouble also but i haven't used R1 and i typically just hold a clear button. Hopefully using R1 and wait until the ball is about to be contacted will work.

Any other suggestions for these balls?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2011, 12:01 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I don't know about 2012 but I thought 2011 was fine, pretty good actually.

The most important thing offensively is a good ball and the most important thing defensively is getting into position prior to the ball being delivered, if you don't do either of those things you're going to have too much ground to cover when the ball is in the air and you won't have enough time to get in position while tracking the ball. I usually put the ball a yard or 2 outside the 6 yard box and then charge in with someone and head it home, you should also be holding R2/RT to make the movement more fluid. On defense I usually set up toward the middle of the box, the AI usually plays the ball toward the same spot every time so after you get used to defending that spot it gets pretty easy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »