Home

Questions from a role player

This is a discussion on Questions from a role player within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
Rookie

Seeker7's Arena

OVR: 0
Questions from a role player

Hey all, I'm buying this game tonight (2012 version for xbox), and I've been reading this board this afternoon learning all I can. I've never played a PES game before. Everyone plays sports game different, and enjoys different things. Personally, for me its all about the role playing aspects to a degree, and I always play "franchise" mode in these types of game. I like a game that give you tools to customize your experience. So I have several questions:

1) Can you create your own team?

2) Can you edit CPA generated players. That is, when a new player is created by the CPA for your youth league, can I change his face, can I change his hair, can I change his name, can I change his country of origins, can I change his equipment?

3) Does player progresssion work properly? (I'm staying away from FIFA since I've read that progression is completely broken...competely unacceptable and a game killer)

4) Do players have personalities? How is this implemented?

Thanks for the feedback!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2012, 02:46 AM   #2
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Questions from a role player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker7
Hey all, I'm buying this game tonight (2012 version for xbox), and I've been reading this board this afternoon learning all I can. I've never played a PES game before. Everyone plays sports game different, and enjoys different things. Personally, for me its all about the role playing aspects to a degree, and I always play "franchise" mode in these types of game. I like a game that give you tools to customize your experience. So I have several questions:

1) Can you create your own team?

2) Can you edit CPA generated players. That is, when a new player is created by the CPA for your youth league, can I change his face, can I change his hair, can I change his name, can I change his country of origins, can I change his equipment?

3) Does player progresssion work properly? (I'm staying away from FIFA since I've read that progression is completely broken...competely unacceptable and a game killer)

4) Do players have personalities? How is this implemented?

Thanks for the feedback!!!!
Welcome.I'm sure you will not regret your decision to start playing PES as the 2012 version is the best "next-gen" PES after the classic PES6.
There are 2 franchise modes: Master League and Club Boss.You can create your own team and import it in Master League or use the default PES players or use the real team squads.ML is deep and pretty realistic.You can communicate with players, players will demand answers by you on personal problems, team progression and players progression is just perfect.
I don't know if you can edit youth team players as I never used the ingame editor and I always use pc mods with toned ratings for attributes.
I suggest you download an X360 Option File.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #3
Rookie

Seeker7's Arena

Now that I've been playing for while I can answer these questions, and am doing so in case anyone comes accross this thread with the same questions.

1) You can edit any team that isn't licensed, which is more than half the teams. You can change anything about the team such as uniforms, name of the team, arena, crowd noise, etc.

2) You can edit players, but only at the top level, not from within an existing Master League. You can change anything about them, but you can't change newly generated players from within your Master League, or any players on the Youth Team, or your starting default players (that I have found at least). This really needs to change in offline Master League. They need to let you edit from within Master League, since they have obviously built such a robust editing system.

3) From what I can tell, player progression works great!

4) Not so much. I mean they do have cut scenes where they talk to you, but there are not different personalities for each player. (Although in the edit player section you can change their goal scoring celebrations, which does lend an air of personality).
Old 06-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #4
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

i'm thinking about starting a BAL and having my guy get caught up in a gambling/match-fixing scheme... might have to throw some games... lol
Old 06-25-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
Rookie

Seeker7's Arena

Discovered something cool this weekend!!! You can edit players within the Master League. If you go out of Master League and edit a player, those changes are then reflected within your existing Master League! I really like this. If I pick up a guy on transfer and he looks like a very generic dude, I can save, exit, go to edit, change his hairstyle, face, accessories, whatever, and when I reload my save the changes are there! The only thing you can't change is his country of origin, since that is locked in from within Master League for international team qualification purposes.

You can also edit any teams uniform or team name, and the change will be reflected in your existing Master League.

The only players you can't edit are your starting default players and any players starting on the youth team.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »