Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013: Demo First Impressions

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2013: Demo First Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2012, 02:45 AM   #9
Banned

Maelstrom's Arena

OVR: 7
Well, at least Konami is releasing the demo early, so they can work out the bugs, unlike EA Sports, which doesn't seem to hire game testers, opting to instead USE customers as their game testers, by having them buy the game, play it, complain about the problems, which brings them to the attention of EA developers, then attempt to fix the game post-release.

Hey, it works out great for EA. Their "game testers" are paying EA $60 (each) to "test" the game for them.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:27 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 17
I've been playing Fifa HC for quite some time now but I must say that Fifa doesnt even compare to the football experience the demo brings. It actually gives you freedom to create and not do the only 2 or 3 things that fifa forces u too. Kudos to Konami hope PES will return to former glory. My grade to demo: A- (there are flaws obviously.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2013: Demo First Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
Well, at least Konami is releasing the demo early, so they can work out the bugs, unlike EA Sports, which doesn't seem to hire game testers, opting to instead USE customers as their game testers, by having them buy the game, play it, complain about the problems, which brings them to the attention of EA developers, then attempt to fix the game post-release.

Hey, it works out great for EA. Their "game testers" are paying EA $60 (each) to "test" the game for them.
Holy mackerel bro, was that really necessary?

Last edited by Yeats; 08-02-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2012, 09:01 AM   #12
EA Game Changer

CoreySA's Arena

OVR: 4
As a huge FIFA game and someone who hasn't paid much attention to PES the last few years (I was a huge fan back in the day), this demo impressed the **** out of me. Really, really solid. I feel like they nailed tempo and pacing and it feels much more fluid.

I wouldn't say this game is topping FIFA in any way, but for the first time in a few years I'll be back to picking up both titles!
Old 08-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #13
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
FIFA doesn't compare to PES2013. And I think it will take a hell of a lot for FiFA 13 to surpass it as well.

PES2013 is incredibly realistic simulation and at the time fun. A remarkable balance that they have struck.

The game plays out so realistically: the way the players move into spaces, the individuality in player movement and animations, the way players make runs... It plays out like your watching a game on the tele. So much variance. Every goal and play is unique. Going back to FIFA12 feels incredibly scripted. Every game plays the exact same way. It doesn't feel free.

PES 2013 on the PC.... The only way to play !!!
Old 08-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

Can someone explain how on earth you do iniesta's double touch move. I have watched plenty of tutorials on it but still can't do it.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:38 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
Going back to FIFA12 feels incredibly scripted. Every game plays the exact same way. It doesn't feel free.
I love the PES demo, but your comment isn't entirely accurate. Try this in both games: Kick the ball upfield with your GK. In the PES demo, your forward runs on a rail towards the ball and there's no way to stop him: the controls are locked. In FIFA, all you have to do is pull back on the L stick and your forward stops running: the controls are free.

Both games have their postives and negatives, and PES isn't any more free than FIFA in many ways.

Last edited by Yeats; 08-03-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2012, 03:02 PM   #16
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30

pretty sure you can cancel out with RT&RB

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »