Home

Rumour that PES may Release 2 Weeks before Fifa

This is a discussion on Rumour that PES may Release 2 Weeks before Fifa within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Rumour that PES may Release 2 Weeks before Fifa

please explain what you mean by removing all scripting?.....what is scripting as it pertains to PES?
Old 08-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLaguna
please explain what you mean by removing all scripting?.....what is scripting as it pertains to PES?
Every sports game has some kind of momentum/confidence coding. FIFA has game coding that gives a momentum advantage to either team at various stages of the match depending on morale and score, as well as home vs away advantages.

PES has scripts that affect online play, giving an advantage to one team over another in order to keep things fair. I don't play online so I don't know anything about it other than from discussions I've read on sites like PESFan.

In the past, the offline game suffered from noticable rating-boost imbalances and issues, depending on the difficulty level one played on. An example from PES 2011: at random times my CPU-controlled teammates would play terribly. They wouldn't just muff tackling assignments, they would turn and run in the opposite direction as the CPU attacker approached, leaving a wide-open lane for the CPU to move in and shoot. It was as if their response or defense awareness ratings were suddenly and dramatically reduced.

The Konami devs have admitted they've used scritping in the game to keep it interesting. Apparently they took note of peoples' negative feedback the past couple of years and have talked about reducing the scripting in the game, and may well have for PES 2013.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #11
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Every sports game has some kind of momentum/confidence coding. FIFA has game coding that gives a momentum advantage to either team at various stages of the match depending on morale and score, as well as home vs away advantages.

PES has scripts that affect online play, giving an advantage to one team over another in order to keep things fair. I don't play online so I don't know anything about it other than from discussions I've read on sites like PESFan.

In the past, the offline game suffered from noticable rating-boost imbalances and issues, depending on the difficulty level one played on. An example from PES 2011: at random times my CPU-controlled teammates would play terribly. They wouldn't just muff tackling assignments, they would turn and run in the opposite direction as the CPU attacker approached, leaving a wide-open lane for the CPU to move in and shoot. It was as if their response or defense awareness ratings were suddenly and dramatically reduced.

The Konami devs have admitted they've used scritping in the game to keep it interesting. Apparently they took note of peoples' negative feedback the past couple of years and have talked about reducing the scripting in the game, and may well have for PES 2013.
So far in the demo it does not seem as scripted but then again it was always more noticeable in the Master League so I think we have to wait for the full game to know for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

If PES comes out before FIFA I might buy both. I've been a PES diehard since Winning Eleven 9, but the scripting in last year's Master League was infuriating. Take the lead, change your team into a 5-4-1 defense and watching your defenders charge ahead ignoring the strikers.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Scripting... this is the major thing I hope gets fixed. I just couldn't finish my Master League mode with the level of scripting. In the Demo I have played very satisfying games and scored first, only to have the AI overpower itself to a 2 goal win in the last 5minutes. Besides that I really like the demo.
Looking forward to the next demo and happy to know this will release earlier than fifa
Old 08-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #14
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjmooner
If PES comes out before FIFA I might buy both. I've been a PES diehard since Winning Eleven 9, but the scripting in last year's Master League was infuriating. Take the lead, change your team into a 5-4-1 defense and watching your defenders charge ahead ignoring the strikers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Niche
Scripting... this is the major thing I hope gets fixed. I just couldn't finish my Master League mode with the level of scripting. In the Demo I have played very satisfying games and scored first, only to have the AI overpower itself to a 2 goal win in the last 5minutes. Besides that I really like the demo.
Looking forward to the next demo and happy to know this will release earlier than fifa
Gents,

In your limited time with the demo, do you feel that scripting is improved this year? I find the AI teammates more intelligent so less scripting when holding a lead. It feels more like the in-game strategy adjustments actually work whereby changes are immediately reflected in gameplay.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:13 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randiesel75
Gents,

In your limited time with the demo, do you feel that scripting is improved this year? I find the AI teammates more intelligent so less scripting when holding a lead. It feels more like the in-game strategy adjustments actually work whereby changes are immediately reflected in gameplay.
Its been toned down and not as bad as 2012. But its still there. Yes ive made tactical changes and still know when the ai wants to score. I think konami wanted to keep games competitive but its BS how overpowered the ai feels after you go up on the score. At least this is what happens to me...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Niche
Its been toned down and not as bad as 2012. But its still there. Yes ive made tactical changes and still know when the ai wants to score. I think konami wanted to keep games competitive but its BS how overpowered the ai feels after you go up on the score. At least this is what happens to me...
FIFA12 had the same problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »