Home

PS3 vs. 360?

This is a discussion on PS3 vs. 360? within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2012, 02:03 PM   #1
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12
PS3 vs. 360?

I'm sure this has been discussed and re-hashed before, but I need some clarification for those who may have played both before or know the difference in OF's for each console.

I have always purchased the PS3 version due to the thinking that the PS3 offers more in the OF side of things. I used to buy the UK version so I could get the best OF available, but last year went NA version and was not disappointed. This year I am strongly considering getting PES on the 360 since I use my 360 a lot more.

Few things I've heard that I'd like clarified. Is it true that on the 360 we can use any OF out there? No region limitations on the OF you choose? Are the OF's usually pretty good the 360? Also, installing an OF on the 360 - Is it at easy as transferring the OF to a thumb drive, plugging it into the 360 and loading it from there? Or do I have to use some third party software to get the OF to my thumb drive and then 360? I remember back in the day having to fiddle with stuff like that.

Also, a huge plus to me is mass transferring files from my thumb drive to the 360. So sick and tired of copying file after file for an hour on the PS3.

Thanks for any help guys!
Old 09-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #2

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: PS3 vs. 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
Few things I've heard that I'd like clarified. Is it true that on the 360 we can use any OF out there? No region limitations on the OF you choose?
This one I'm not 100% on, but I think the answer is no. You need files that are specifically created for the Xbox. Then again, Daymos' Xbox option files are so good you probably only need one. As long as you're cool with the leagues he decides to create.

Quote:
Are the OF's usually pretty good the 360?
Daymos' OFs are absolutely brilliant. Emblems, uniforms, everything.

Quote:
Also, installing an OF on the 360 - Is it at easy as transferring the OF to a thumb drive, plugging it into the 360 and loading it from there? Or do I have to use some third party software to get the OF to my thumb drive and then 360? I remember back in the day having to fiddle with stuff like that. Thanks for any help guys!
It literally takes like 10-15 minutes. You just have to customize the thumb drive on the Xbox dash, then copy the files to the drive from your PC, then copy those files to the Xbox. Just make sure the game is installed on your harddrive, and you have the latest update/datapack. The MidnightKid has a great tutorial on his youtube channel here.

I'd also add that people seem to think that PES looks a lot better graphically on Xbox than PS. So there's that. Just remember that PS has some editing features that Xbox does not. Custom chants, etc.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:47 AM   #3
MVP

TheDutchDad's Arena

OVR: 12

Thanks for the reply.

What I meant was any OF made for the 360. Not any as in PS3 included.

After trying the demo on 360 today, I actually think you're right. The graphics seemed better.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:04 AM   #4
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

What I meant was any OF made for the 360. Not any as in PS3 included.

After trying the demo on 360 today, I actually think you're right. The graphics seemed better.
360 Option files are not restricted to regions (or BLES codes) like the PS3 option files. Daymos is from the UK and all Xbox users all over the world can use his Option File. Also the PS3 has a few more options than the 360 like being able to add custom chants, custom stadium entrance music, and custom adboards. Also, the PS3 will no longer take an hour to transfer files due to a new PSN update that allows you to transfer files in groups, thank god.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #5
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
360 Option files are not restricted to regions (or BLES codes) like the PS3 option files. Daymos is from the UK and all Xbox users all over the world can use his Option File. Also the PS3 has a few more options than the 360 like being able to add custom chants, custom stadium entrance music, and custom adboards. Also, the PS3 will no longer take an hour to transfer files due to a new PSN update that allows you to transfer files in groups, thank god.
Daymos, definitely the way to go for 360, always outstanding option file.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »