Home

Total PES newbie Help

This is a discussion on Total PES newbie Help within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Total PES newbie Help

Hi guys,

Sorry about my lack of knowledge with this game. I hate that I actually have to ask for simple knowledge about this game because it kills me when some people ask ridiculous questions (The Show and NHL) that are findable through just looking at the forums for answers. However, I am a complete newb to this series. I absolutely love soccer and have only bought FIFA. Well FIFA just doesn't really represent the sport that well gameplay wise (too up and down and not enough slow pace). I've played the PES demos and I have to say it just feels so much more like soccer than FIFA. With that though FIFA has improved their Career mode greatly, and everything I wanted career mode wise was added this year.

So due to the gameplay I would love to buy PES this year. What I want to know is what career mode is there? What's the deal with the licensing? Can I do a career mode with Chelsea? I am big into career modes so it's basically a must have for me. I am just incredibly confused over these two topics. I've tried looking into it but haven't exactly found the answers that settle this issue for me. If someone could just give me a summary about what I need to know licensing and career mode wise I would greatly appreciate it. I really want to buy this game but some factors due to career mode could prevent me from doing so. The gameplay is absolutely fantastic though!

BTW I'm on 360

Thanks!
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 09-07-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Total PES newbie Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Hi guys,

Sorry about my lack of knowledge with this game. I hate that I actually have to ask for simple knowledge about this game because it kills me when some people ask ridiculous questions (The Show and NHL) that are findable through just looking at the forums for answers. However, I am a complete newb to this series. I absolutely love soccer and have only bought FIFA. Well FIFA just doesn't really represent the sport that well gameplay wise (too up and down and not enough slow pace). I've played the PES demos and I have to say it just feels so much more like soccer than FIFA. With that though FIFA has improved their Career mode greatly, and everything I wanted career mode wise was added this year.

So due to the gameplay I would love to buy PES this year. What I want to know is what career mode is there? What's the deal with the licensing? Can I do a career mode with Chelsea? I am big into career modes so it's basically a must have for me. I am just incredibly confused over these two topics. I've tried looking into it but haven't exactly found the answers that settle this issue for me. If someone could just give me a summary about what I need to know licensing and career mode wise I would greatly appreciate it. I really want to buy this game but some factors due to career mode could prevent me from doing so. The gameplay is absolutely fantastic though!

BTW I'm on 360

Thanks!
PES 13 has the Champions League license which to me is a huge thing, FIFA 13 will not have it. And yes, you can take Chelsea in their mode called Master League, make transfers and so forth. Master League is the bread and butter of this game.

As for licensing, PES doesn't have them all, but there a way around it, called option files. With option files you will get all the up to date kits, names, jersey numbers for all the players, and correct team names. I had an option file for PES 12 that I downloaded and put on my PS3 and it was fantastic. I had every single kit for the international teams, and that's what makes it great with PES, you get all the African teams, South American, Asian and so forth, you just use the option file and you'll get their correct jerseys and names. Same for the club teams that they don't have licensed.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavani161
PES 13 has the Champions League license which to me is a huge thing, FIFA 13 will not have it. And yes, you can take Chelsea in their mode called Master League, make transfers and so forth. Master League is the bread and butter of this game.

As for licensing, PES doesn't have them all, but there a way around it, called option files. With option files you will get all the up to date kits, names, jersey numbers for all the players, and correct team names. I had an option file for PES 12 that I downloaded and put on my PS3 and it was fantastic. I had every single kit for the international teams, and that's what makes it great with PES, you get all the African teams, South American, Asian and so forth, you just use the option file and you'll get their correct jerseys and names. Same for the club teams that they don't have licensed.
Perfect! Exactly what I wanted to hear!

Thanks a lot for the help. Looks like I may just be getting this game after all.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 09-07-2012, 07:20 PM   #4
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Perfect! Exactly what I wanted to hear!

Thanks a lot for the help. Looks like I may just be getting this game after all.
Since you are on the 360 you will be downloading Daymos option file here is what he did for last years game.
http://www.onlyproevolutions.com/201...-released.html

Also this article explains more of Master League:
http://www.made2game.com/articles/Re...League-review/
Old 09-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #5
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Since you are on the 360 you will be downloading Daymos option file here is what he did for last years game.
http://www.onlyproevolutions.com/201...-released.html

Also this article explains more of Master League:
http://www.made2game.com/articles/Re...League-review/
That looks pretty freaking sweet. My decision is really favoring PES right now. I may have to wait until FIFA comes out for Season Ticket and then make my decision. I don't really have money to buy both games. My guess is I'll be buying PES though. It will be nice to play something new and fresh because I've never owned a PES/Winning Eleven game.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
Soccer-Chelsea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #6
Rookie

merg311's Arena

I'm also relatively new to soccer gaming. After purchasing FIFA World Cup a few years back and FIFA 12 last year for PS3, I'm really considering PES this year. While I did enjoy several months playing FIFA, it began to feel repetitive. Every game, regardless of who it was, attacked and defended very similarly. From what I've read, PES is far from this and has much more diversity in playing styles. Can anyone expand on this?

Also, these option files that were mentioned, does someone put out a file with MLS teams or how exactly does that work?

I generally am only interested in offline tournament/season mode.

Any help is much appreciated!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:52 AM   #7
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by merg311
I'm also relatively new to soccer gaming. After purchasing FIFA World Cup a few years back and FIFA 12 last year for PS3, I'm really considering PES this year. While I did enjoy several months playing FIFA, it began to feel repetitive. Every game, regardless of who it was, attacked and defended very similarly. From what I've read, PES is far from this and has much more diversity in playing styles. Can anyone expand on this?

Also, these option files that were mentioned, does someone put out a file with MLS teams or how exactly does that work?

I generally am only interested in offline tournament/season mode.

Any help is much appreciated!
Hi there. Yes, every team, and in fact every player, is highly individualized in this series. In a word: individuality. Unlike FIFA, where everything is very generic. In Pes, you will never see two goals scored that are alike. There is ample variety in playing styles and goals are always unique. It plays a very realistic game of futbol, and at the same time is still fun; so, like NBA 2K in that way.

I recall seeing an option file last year that did have MLS teams. I'm not sure though if it had all MLS teams. For sure, LA Galaxy and NY Red Bulls, because I played with them.

Try here for Patches: http://www.pesgaming.com/forumdisplay.php?f=330

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »