Home

PES 2013 Reviews In

This is a discussion on PES 2013 Reviews In within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #33
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: PES 2013 Reviews In

I think it should most certainly be included in the review. Think about the casual fan that goes to IGN and not the hardcore fans like us. I usually stay off those sites for sports reviews because they usually read like casual fan notes and they come out way too early.

IMO any review that comes out right after or before the game gets discarded. They never dive deep into the modes and they usually don't spend enough time looking for issues under the skin.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #34
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...es-2013-review

9/10 from eurogamer

Operation Sports OOTP League
Old 09-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #35
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
My point exactly.

I understand if they want to point certain things out for customers but those aspects should not influence the review score. Considering how much these review scores drive industry decisions it is a sad day for all gamers when more emphasis is made about licensing than is about gameplay. IGN is basically sending the signal to publisher that gameplay can be so-so but you better have all the team logos correct.

Again. I will ask what team license is PES promising that is not in the game? PES is not telling anyone they have the EPL. We all know they don't and why. It is not called "Konomi's Barclays Premier League Futbal 2013" so there should be no expectation.

As far as sports titles go, PES is a massive scope and the second largest license holder in sports gaming. How can you fault it for not winning some publisher money war over licensing?

FIFA is missing Ukraine, Argentina, Turkey,Greece, Chile, Egypt. Those are not 'small' countries and I am sure some fans might be upset that those licenses are not in the game....will any review bother to mention it?

Licenses are marketing tools used by the publishers that have zero to do with how well a game is designed or plays. Fanboys can be shallow and fickle over that stuff but it should not be the subject of review scores.
Right, so then with that logic, no reviewer of PES should be allowed to say something positive about the game for having the Champion's League or Copa Lib cups since the name of the game doesn't say one word about that? Make any sense? Didn't think so.

Christ, all they did was point out some negative aspects of the game, then scored it as "great" with an 8.5 I'm not a fanboy and heck, I don't even like Fifa. A reviewer is supposed to include everything about a game assuming that the person reading it doesn't know what is and what is not in the game..

Where do you even see that the review score was driven more by licensing issues? That's not even remotely true. How did the game get such a high score then?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #36
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Licensing IMO is very important for the casual gamer so I think it should be noted. For us, not so much as we know the alternatives in the option files and know how to get and install them.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Licensing IMO is very important for the casual gamer so I think it should be noted. For us, not so much as we know the alternatives in the option files and know how to get and install them.
It's true. I remember when I played PES 6 on my pc at my old college dorms, everyone thought I was some sort of whiz kid because I had everything set up on the couch, just like playing off a console. Furthermore, I had all the patches and modifications - they thought it was a completely different game than what they were playing out of the box.

Some people are just casual gamers - and they always will be. It is a huge selling point that remains, but thankfully this isn't Konami's first rodeo - and PES has always been that NFL2k5 to a lackluster Madden (FIFA).
Old 09-19-2012, 09:51 AM   #38
Rookie

ukslamjam's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Personally I have never owned a PES title. I downloaded the pes2013 demo and OMG this is the most complicated sport title EVER!

To the point that it is ridiculous! It is like they wrapped old school street fighter control scheme to a sports title. HORRIBLE in my opinion.

I love the game play more than FIFA by far but would never purchase this game based on how crazy the control scheme is.

Sent from da lil phone.
You never played NHL 2K8 then, you actually need an extra pair of hands! lol

I've just had confirmation that my game has been despatched! I can't wait!

I get both PES (PS3) and FIFA (360) every year as I like the fact that they play different and also that I like to kick my mates *** at FIFA which is his game of choice!!

Last edited by ukslamjam; 09-19-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:22 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

I guess I am in the minority here, but I found IGN's review quite informative to be honest. OK, the reviewer may not have elaborated on certain aspects or perhaps made a point too strongly, but this is his own opinion. Other reviews will look at the game from a different angle and that's the beauty of having a verity of opinions.

I found the review informative, because, firstly he spends a lot of time on some features, which personally I was not aware of. For example the possibility to trigger runs with the right stick.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #40
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Reading this review has totally scared me off, seems af if the picture isn't as rosy as some may want us to believe. Read on
http://www.pesgaming.com/blog/pes-20...t-perspective/

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »