Home

PES 2013 Reviews In

This is a discussion on PES 2013 Reviews In within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2012, 05:22 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: PES 2013 Reviews In

Another year, another biased review by IGN, what is new?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #42

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
Reading this review has totally scared me off, seems af if the picture isn't as rosy as some may want us to believe. Read on
http://www.pesgaming.com/blog/pes-20...t-perspective/
That "CPU decides who you meant to pass to" thing is exactly the same in FIFA, and it's the single most frustrating thing for me in these games.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:36 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Thanks for the heads up to change the control scheme guys. Never even looked if you could. I was going through the tutorial and getting sooo pissed at how crazy the controls were for the easiest things. Like how you got to manually trap the ball to retain more control. Overall I love that idea just because it puts more emphasis on user skill also, I just found the window of success to be EXTREMELY small. There was other things also I can't remember now.

I must say though the gameplay I like a LOT more than Fifa
Old 09-20-2012, 05:47 PM   #44
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Reading this review has totally scared me off, seems af if the picture isn't as rosy as some may want us to believe. Read on
Different strokes for different folks, from what I have seen in the demo has impressed me. Of course the game has it's flaws I can go through a list right now with the things that disappoint me in PES but it is the things that it gets right have me hooked, at least that what is more important for me.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:05 PM   #45
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
I've noticed over the last couple years, alot of people on pesgaming seem to give pes a really hard time. Almost as if they want an extremely perfect game, which is impossible with any game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #46
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Different strokes for different folks, from what I have seen in the demo has impressed me. Of course the game has it's flaws I can go through a list right now with the things that disappoint me in PES but it is the things that it gets right have me hooked, at least that what is more important for me.
That's exactly right. There is no perfect game out there at all. It all just depends on the problems you can deal with, and the ones you can't that determine the play ability of a game. With The Show all of the problems I have with the game are things that are minuscule and that's why that game is my favorite and I can play it all year round. I know baseball extremely well and The Show replicates it great. With NHL 13 it seems like their flaws just stick out to me more because hockey is my favorite sport. Every single flaw comes out and I just don't enjoy the game very much which is why I can't play the game often. To me it just doesn't show the game of hockey off properly.

I'm really starting to think that PES could be a game like The Show for me. I absolutely love soccer (despite me not knowing the X's and O's) and have followed it for the past 6 or 7 years so I know what the game is supposed to feel and play like. Well to me PES has nailed it from my time with the demo. If Master League is addicting I can just see myself playing this game a lot, especially with the UEFA's being in the game. I haven't anticipated a game this much since everytime The Show comes out. It's funny because the first time I even tried PES was the first demo this year so it's an awfully short time to get excited about a game. The game is almost a hidden gem. I can't wait for Tuesday!
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 09-20-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:22 PM   #47
Rookie

merg311's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33

I'm really starting to think that PES could be a game like The Show for me. I absolutely love soccer (despite me not knowing the X's and O's) and have followed it for the past 6 or 7 years so I know what the game is supposed to feel and play like. Well to me PES has nailed it from my time with the demo. If Master League is addicting I can just see myself playing this game a lot, especially with the UEFA's being in the game. I haven't anticipated a game this much since everytime The Show comes out. It's funny because the first time I even tried PES was the first demo this year so it's an awfully short time to get excited about a game. The game is almost a hidden gem. I can't wait for Tuesday!
Exactly the same way for me. I was hesitant at first to try PES after enjoying FIFA the past few years, but PES just seems so much more spot on when it comes to gameplay. Lack of league play is a bummer, but if I can turn off transfers with master league and virtually play a season, I expect it to be great. Throw in some option files and the game is limitless.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #48
Rookie

walnut's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Yeah, that's a good, honest review. While I think this year's is better, I'm not sure it's the second coming that most reviews make it out to be. That being said, it is better. If you are on the fence, maybe wait until it is discounted, or if you have some games laying around worth trading, it's a worthy purchase.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »