Home

PES 2013 Download Purchase?

This is a discussion on PES 2013 Download Purchase? within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #17
Rookie

sportyfox's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PES 2013 Download Purchase?

Hi guys. We are looking for North American PES players to join to our community. We play in organized leagues, cups, CL League etc.

Would you be interested?

Thanks.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #18
Rookie

mdbussen's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by theenemy
I got charged 50$ on Paypal (30 British Pound Sterling equals 48.74 US Dollar).
Instead of sending me my key they sent an email requesting additional info (address, telephone number, name etc) and they say "we require some additional information from you. In our fight against the rise of digital distribution fraud, we have had to implement added surveillance methods that, unfortunately, slow down the transaction confirmation process." Yay, let me also give you my SSN Konami, just to make sure and please send my key via ground mail to the address you request.
I already paid with Paypal, I confirmed my email, that's usually enough confirmation on the web. Isn't it?

The game is already a few clicks away for free. This is not how you fight digital distribution fraud. If it's harder to buy the f. ing game than downloading it than you are making a mistake in your fight against whatever.
Same thing happened to me - I'm hoping I get the key by the time I get home tonight so I can play the game.

Spot on in terms of fighting piracy - I think this is where Konami (and the Japanese market in general) is showing a lack of understanding in terms of the PC market. In this day and age to not have a major release available to download digitally on Steam or some other service is pretty ridiculous.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #19
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10

Had an absolutely ridiculous experience with gamesplanet over PES 2013. I bought the game and was able to download the files but they of course emailed me and said I'd receive the key. Well they did email me the key, and then shortly after for some unknown reason they were still continuing their verification process, they deleted the game from my account as they could not verify that I was who I said I was. Of course, they claimed to have refunded me the money, but as of right now my account still shows no deposit of my refund. Hopefully, they make right in this situation because like a few of you have said it's absolutely ridiculous and is no way, shape, or form an effective way of fighting piracy. If they need to do a check, then do a check as the person signs up, validate them and then tell them they can buy the game. If you are going to accept someone's credit card and charge that account, you should provide them with the service and not take it away from them for some unknown reason.

I don't mean to rant, but I had been looking forward to playing the game, hopefully Konami will bring the game to mainstream gaming sites like steam that know how to do business.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #20
Rookie

mdbussen's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdbussen
Same thing happened to me - I'm hoping I get the key by the time I get home tonight so I can play the game.

Spot on in terms of fighting piracy - I think this is where Konami (and the Japanese market in general) is showing a lack of understanding in terms of the PC market. In this day and age to not have a major release available to download digitally on Steam or some other service is pretty ridiculous.
Just to follow up on this, I did receive an email a couple hours after they request additional information which contained my activation code for the game, so I was able to get it installed and play some matches last night No problems so far, so I can't complain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »