Home

PES 2013 Available Worldwide - Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on PES 2013 Available Worldwide - Post Your Impressions Here within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2012, 09:16 PM   #9
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: PES 2013 - Game Impression Thread

Just ordered my copy from Amazon. I really cannot wait for this game. It feels so much more like soccer than FIFA. I'm in no way a soccer strategist because I've never coached or played, but I can definitely say that this is what a soccer game is supposed to feel like. I just played a couple more games of the demo and I just realized how the tempo and pace is done so well. I'm sure it's even better playing on the full version with more time. Hell with some of the demo games I played today it made me feel like it would be possible to play a full 90 minute game without the stats and score becoming inflated. Reading these impressions has gotten me even more excited for this game.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 09-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
Just ordered my copy from Amazon. I really cannot wait for this game. It feels so much more like soccer than FIFA. I'm in no way a soccer strategist because I've never coached or played, but I can definitely say that this is what a soccer game is supposed to feel like. I just played a couple more games of the demo and I just realized how the tempo and pace is done so well. I'm sure it's even better playing on the full version with more time. Hell with some of the demo games I played today it made me feel like it would be possible to play a full 90 minute game without the stats and score becoming inflated. Reading these impressions has gotten me even more excited for this game.
Even people such as yourself whom have never coached or played, can see that PES does a pretty good job of replicating what you see being played on TV.

Wish the game would have been out in the U.S. today!
Old 09-19-2012, 10:03 PM   #11
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Thanks for the impressions... it's going to be a hard weekend waiting for this game. Even with getting FIFA early.

When you get a chance can you post some impressions of Master League?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #12
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavani161
Even people such as yourself whom have never coached or played, can see that PES does a pretty good job of replicating what you see being played on TV.

Wish the game would have been out in the U.S. today!
The thing is I'm huge on "sim" games. I've been a fan of soccer for a while, I just don't know the tactics. PES just seems like that "sim" soccer game that the masses don't find fun because it's not fast paced. There is actually strategy and technique to it. FIFA is just way too up and down with no fouls and no strategy. In fact lately I've been comparing FIFA and NHL to each other because they are virtually the same game just one played on ice and the other a field. Sadly NHL has been a pretty poor replication of hockey as well.

Anyway I've spent the last hour watching tutorials on how to play this game (dribbling, pk's, defense). I have to say it is complicated as all hell. FIFA is simple because it's basically your buttons and then holding down LT and moving the RS in any which way you want for a move, which often times their moves are absurd. PES moves seem like they have more life like momentum and speed to them. Sure you can pull off a fancy rainbow, but it has more feel and momentum instead of FIFA's hyperspeed moves. I have a lot to learn though in order to try and come close to mastering the controls.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 09-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #13
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
The thing is I'm huge on "sim" games. I've been a fan of soccer for a while, I just don't know the tactics. PES just seems like that "sim" soccer game that the masses don't find fun because it's not fast paced. There is actually strategy and technique to it. FIFA is just way too up and down with no fouls and no strategy. In fact lately I've been comparing FIFA and NHL to each other because they are virtually the same game just one played on ice and the other a field. Sadly NHL has been a pretty poor replication of hockey as well.

Anyway I've spent the last hour watching tutorials on how to play this game (dribbling, pk's, defense). I have to say it is complicated as all hell. FIFA is simple because it's basically your buttons and then holding down LT and moving the RS in any which way you want for a move, which often times their moves are absurd. PES moves seem like they have more life like momentum and speed to them. Sure you can pull off a fancy rainbow, but it has more feel and momentum instead of FIFA's hyperspeed moves. I have a lot to learn though in order to try and come close to mastering the controls.
Once you learn the controls your eyes will open wide at the possibilities in your hand. I love the one touch passing and being able to send your players on the run where you want with right stick. I had a friend who likes the demo as well but when I showed him some of the controls he was shocked at some of things that improve the gameplay more. Of course most of this is right in the command list, but some people don't like to read I guess. I still don't know all the skill moves but like with anything the more you play it the better you will get and the amazing thing is even if you get good at this game the CPU is still really challenging and even play the same team multiple times in a row the games are never played out the same way.

Another thing I can tell you guys is playing with the demo unlocker mod on the PC it is very hard to score a lot of goals in one game. I have been playing 15min on Superstar manual controls and the highest amount of goals I scored in a least the 100 hundred of games I played were 3, and the highest score line I witness was 3-3.

What I recommend for some of you newcomers or returners to use the manual shooting because it makes it really really satisfying to score goals with it. I like it so much that I haven't played the demo ever without it.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:16 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Can't wait now - thanks, I hadn't even thought about PES since finding out release is 28th; now this thread comes up! My dad is leaving from the UK tomorrow - maybe I'll ask him to pick it up for me - is it released there now?
Old 09-19-2012, 11:44 PM   #15
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Once you learn the controls your eyes will open wide at the possibilities in your hand. I love the one touch passing and being able to send your players on the run where you want with right stick. I had a friend who likes the demo as well but when I showed him some of the controls he was shocked at some of things that improve the gameplay more. Of course most of this is right in the command list, but some people don't like to read I guess. I still don't know all the skill moves but like with anything the more you play it the better you will get and the amazing thing is even if you get good at this game the CPU is still really challenging and even play the same team multiple times in a row the games are never played out the same way.

Another thing I can tell you guys is playing with the demo unlocker mod on the PC it is very hard to score a lot of goals in one game. I have been playing 15min on Superstar manual controls and the highest amount of goals I scored in a least the 100 hundred of games I played were 3, and the highest score line I witness was 3-3.

What I recommend for some of you newcomers or returners to use the manual shooting because it makes it really really satisfying to score goals with it. I like it so much that I haven't played the demo ever without it.
Yep I use manual. I've bought FIFA for the past 3 years and the only way to play was on manual because assisted made the game so easy. I just figured manual was the way to go with PES as well. Today when I played I had a couple goals where I pumped my fist. One of them was with Pedro where I was on the left side of the box and sniped it upper corner on the far side off the post and in. Exactly where I was aiming it. I was in absolute awe. I haven't had satisfaction from a video game like that other than playing The Show. I can't really say how much I'm anticipating playing longer halves. This could honestly be my new game. I'm trying really hard to like NHL 13 but it's just not quite cutting it yet for me. If this game is as good as I think it will be, it will be in my XBOX for a while.

BTW for anyone who can answer me, how do I send my teammates on runs?
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
Soccer-Chelsea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 11:58 PM   #16
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Can't wait now - thanks, I hadn't even thought about PES since finding out release is 28th; now this thread comes up! My dad is leaving from the UK tomorrow - maybe I'll ask him to pick it up for me - is it released there now?
Mine shipped from a UK ebay store..

Operation Sports OOTP League

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »