Home

Considering making the switch...

This is a discussion on Considering making the switch... within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Considering making the switch...

The only reason I play FIFA is the graphics and licenses, time and again the game just frustrates the hell out of me. I really enjoyed the PES demos much more than FIFA but for whatever reason I didn't buy it, maybe I still will but there are so many other games coming out.

I believe PES 2014 is meant to be using the new FOX engine? If so hopefully the game finally looks on par with FIFA if not better.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmith29
I finally did the same with Madden 13 and for the exact same reason!
Yeah I'm done with Madden as well, it was also a waste of money. Hopefully I don't lose too much money with a trade-in.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 14

Keroseen and Dubcity... Thank you for the great posts.... Now I have to take fifa back and pick up PES. Sounds like I waited to long...My only complaint as of right now is it sounds like I paid 60$ for the wrong game. Thank you for all the imput.

If anyone wants to give advice on the skill moves that would be great! Still cant really get them down in the demo. Struggling.

twitter.com/tyfromphilly
Xbox One GT - TyFromPhilly

TCSG NBA 2k15 League - http://tyfromphilly.wix.com/tcsgleague

That Connection Sim Gaming Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8g...1ggCIaZkeOUxNA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #12
All Star

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH1LLYSFINEST13
Keroseen and Dubcity... Thank you for the great posts.... Now I have to take fifa back and pick up PES. Sounds like I waited to long...My only complaint as of right now is it sounds like I paid 60$ for the wrong game. Thank you for all the imput.

If anyone wants to give advice on the skill moves that would be great! Still cant really get them down in the demo. Struggling.
Yeah, I was resistant to paying $60 for FIFA and then having to pay another $30 to trade it in for PES.

Still, I'm glad I did.

As for the skill moves, it really comes down to playing enough so that you know when to use different moves.

I like FIFA's skill stick and how that game captures the one-on-one battles.

In PES, sometimes it feels like more of a chess match mixed with some randomness. Different moves will be more effective depending on the situation, spacing, and the players involved.

For me, the biggest ingredient to improving was time.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:31 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6

I'm about to trade in FIFA as well. Just have really had no fun playing it. The only difference you feel between players seems to be pace. I use Everton on World Class settings, manager mode and Fellaini gets bullied and knocked out because of the stupid physics. Thank God I ended up getting the game for only 35 bucks thanks to the 2 for 70 deal at Toys R Us.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:27 AM   #14
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyEdgeworth
The only reason I play FIFA is the graphics and licenses, time and again the game just frustrates the hell out of me. I really enjoyed the PES demos much more than FIFA but for whatever reason I didn't buy it, maybe I still will but there are so many other games coming out.

I believe PES 2014 is meant to be using the new FOX engine? If so hopefully the game finally looks on par with FIFA if not better.
Yes, it will be using the Fox Engine.Pc will get the full Fox features but idk what Konami will do with the console versions because Fox is heavier in every aspect and requires better hardware.We'll wait for official responses about that though.
Imo PES 13 graphics are better than Fifa 13.It feels more natural surely.
Old 11-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #15
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Yes, it will be using the Fox Engine.Pc will get the full Fox features but idk what Konami will do with the console versions because Fox is heavier in every aspect and requires better hardware.We'll wait for official responses about that though.
Imo PES 13 graphics are better than Fifa 13.It feels more natural surely.
There are some things I like about PES, the match atmosphere is better but PES players just look a little chunky or something, plus the player faces are hideous.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #16

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyEdgeworth
There are some things I like about PES, the match atmosphere is better but PES players just look a little chunky or something, plus the player faces are hideous.
Player graphics in both games have serious issues. FIFA 13 players look like brighter, smoothed-out versions of FIFA 10 players. And they all look too skinny. If we could combine the player models in PES and FIFA we could be on to something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »