Home

Any Tips for a Newcomer?

This is a discussion on Any Tips for a Newcomer? within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2013, 01:46 AM   #1
Rookie

NeptunePirate's Arena

OVR: 0
Any Tips for a Newcomer?

I am stepping into the soccer world as a big noobie. I have played a couple of matches in various FIFA games over the years, but never really dived into anything more. I randomly had a craving to play one and was able to pick up Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 for my PS3. I started a Master League with one of the PES League teams and have just been winging my way through a couple of matches so far.

I was curious if anyone here would like to help and throw some pointers my way as I continue my soccer venture. After playing so much MLB The Show, Madden, NBA 2K and NHL, soccer has been a nice change of pace for me. I get super excited when I manage to score, a very good accomplished feeling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2013, 09:21 AM   #2
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Any Tips for a Newcomer?

first of all, I would find a good option file so you don't have to use those generic pes league teams. You can find some over at pesgaming.

Second, what exactly are your main trouble areas?
Old 09-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #3
Rookie

NeptunePirate's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
Second, what exactly are your main trouble areas?
Offsides I am still confused about. I never have got the gist of understanding that.

Also, it seems like I can never play good defense. The CPU always is able to keep the ball away from me and score easily. Then I always have trouble keeping the ball away from them, they just run up and take it before I can pass.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeptunePirate
Offsides I am still confused about. I never have got the gist of understanding that.

Also, it seems like I can never play good defense. The CPU always is able to keep the ball away from me and score easily. Then I always have trouble keeping the ball away from them, they just run up and take it before I can pass.
A player is offside when he is the last man behind the defence.

Also when keeping possession use your teammates all round you and take your time building up play. That means if you have to pass all the way back to the Goal Keeper to keep possession than do that. Patience is the key.

As for your defence I recommend trying not to pull all your players out of position when trying to recover the ball, a lot people new to football/soccer games tend to have their defender rush the player with the ball. Try to sit back a little watch what the other teams are doing and try to only put pressure on a player when the ball is in you half.

If you still need more explanation on a few things I can answer more.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #5
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

on defense, don't always go for tackles right away. You leave yourself vulnerable to the counter. Also, anticipate their passing and get in their passing lanes. Bait them into bad passes and turnovers.

I don't recall much of 2011 anymore so I can't recall any 2011 specific game quirks.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »