Home

PES 2014 Demo Available Now For 360, PS3 - Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2014 Demo Available Now For 360, PS3 - Post Your Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #33
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: PES 2014 Demo Available Now For 360, PS3 - Post Your Impressions

for those that say it feels stiff, do you mean the momentum and actual weight physics of the players? Whereas in FIFA you can easily stop on a dime (which by the way seems to have been fixed this year , finally) and just not used to it in pes?

can't wait to get off work to try it for myself.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #34
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: PES 2014 Demo Available Now For 360, Later For PS3 - Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
Before stating a game has the same legacy issues it's had in the past, you don't think it would be a good idea to raise the difficulty? As it's something that has historically helped make the AI play a little more realistic in past games.
Gee, why would anyone in the world want to try the demo for the first time on the default level to see if Konami changed any of the base gameplay?

When you test-drive a car that will be driven primarily on city streets, do you immediately take it to the freeway to test its top speed and acceleration? No, you drive it in stop-and-go traffic as your everyday baseline.

Quote:
My opinion is not a fact, but when an opinion is stated that goes against what the majority of the community has concluded (AI hold possession much better than past years), I'm not going to ignore it and chalk it up to a differing opinion. Instead, I'll consider it an opinion that was decided before giving the game a proper chance, even if it had been played.
This demo has been out for less than 12 hours, Ace. It's a bit early to start generalizing about the conclusions of the majority of the community.

I'm certainly going to increase the skill level and see if that balances possession and increases the variety of the CPU attack. I hope it does. I do like the pressure placed by the CPU in the midfield this year. It was easy to waltz through the midfield last year on all but the very top skill levels.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:25 PM   #35
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartansocc12
The computer never really fouls.
This is something that concerned me from the leaked demo. If it stays that way in the retail version, it will be a bummer. Especially as the fouling was decent last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #36
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
for those that say it feels stiff, do you mean the momentum and actual weight physics of the players? Whereas in FIFA you can easily stop on a dime (which by the way seems to have been fixed this year , finally) and just not used to it in pes?
I meant the relationship between the player and the ball.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:27 PM   #37
All Star

Quote:
This is something that concerned me from the leaked demo. If it stays that way in the retail version, it will be a bummer. Especially as the fouling was decent last year.
That is a bummer. PES 2013 handled fouls FAR better than FIFA 13. Not even close.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider

can't wait to get off work to try it for myself.

You simply can't get away with certain things anymore. The offensive plays need to be made faster because the CPU will bear down on you and if you are controlling certain players you won't be able to get away or turn cheaply. This is the momentum and weigh physics playing there role.

However at times there does feel like there is a delay between me pressing buttons and the players on screen.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #39
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Was watching the twitch feed. Looks impressive.

Already pre-ordered the PC version.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #40
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

DL PS3 Demo and it will not recognzie ps3 contoller movement at all?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »