Home

PES 2015 To Be Totally Changed

This is a discussion on PES 2015 To Be Totally Changed within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2014, 08:07 PM   #17
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: PES 2015 To Be Totally Changed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
It's staggering to see Konami grope and struggle to see what virtually the entire planet knows is the shortcoming of PES - awful interface and presentation overall, sub-par graphics, and lack of licenses are what keeps the series back.

What the series excels at is the game on the pitch. That game, to me, is the best representation of soccer on the field.

I hope that they release this game and it is awesome. I also hope they release it on the Xbox One. If not, I won't be getting it.
I thought the graphics were quite good for last-gen.

Master League needs a huge face lift. There needs to be some sort of roster share too. They should try to get the Championship and all of the other 2nd tier leagues.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:53 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

The perfect game that KONAMI can re-make.

WE9:LE

To make it "current"

-updated Squad/rosters
-updated Stadiums
-updated Graphics (more nexgen, challenging for PCs)
-updated Presentation (TV,Menu,etc)
-promotion/relegation in their game modes (BAL for example)

That's it. That's all that needs to be done. I could do everything but the promotion/relegation and the updated Graphics.

Stop trying to reinvent the wheel. Fox Engine was a joke - the stupid unrealistic animation of acceleration just destroyed PES14. The defensive line following the attackers into the box was the biggest let down.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:18 PM   #19
Rookie

Bawstun's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artur
Shooting mechanics in PES is AWFUL!
Physics of the ball is awful too, there is no 'oomph' to long shots, and hard shots within the box travel so slowly, I know this is a PES thread, but if there was something FIFA got perfectly right, it's their ball physics, so satisfying to crack those longshots and hard shots in their game.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:15 AM   #20
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Hmmm this is more a wait and see for me. I am tired of KONAMI using every superlative to describe their new installment every year only for it to barely match the quality.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:35 AM   #21
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
The perfect game that KONAMI can re-make.

WE9:LE

To make it "current"

-updated Squad/rosters
-updated Stadiums
-updated Graphics (more nexgen, challenging for PCs)
-updated Presentation (TV,Menu,etc)
-promotion/relegation in their game modes (BAL for example)

That's it. That's all that needs to be done. I could do everything but the promotion/relegation and the updated Graphics.

Stop trying to reinvent the wheel. Fox Engine was a joke - the stupid unrealistic animation of acceleration just destroyed PES14. The defensive line following the attackers into the box was the biggest let down.
Is that the one which is considered the PES with the best gameplay? I don't know if I've played.
Also, I'd say they need to do more than that, games today need more than good gameplay; look at NBA 2K14 for next-gen, one can say it's the best basketball game in regards to its gameplay but the amount of issues with their game modes has ruined the game for many people. Sports games need the whole package to be considered good games, gameplay only isn't enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2014, 09:54 AM   #22
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
Is that the one which is considered the PES with the best gameplay? I don't know if I've played.
Also, I'd say they need to do more than that, games today need more than good gameplay; look at NBA 2K14 for next-gen, one can say it's the best basketball game in regards to its gameplay but the amount of issues with their game modes has ruined the game for many people. Sports games need the whole package to be considered good games, gameplay only isn't enough.
Exactly. Konami needs to deliver a complete package. If you don't have licenses because the other company locked you out, work on your game modes and make them ground-breaking. For example, PES had the concept of "Youth System" first but they did nothing to improve it. The other company incorporated scouting reports. How about youth/reserve games with match reports? Hell, make the either playable and/or viewable. I could look past some of the gameplay/engine flaws in '14 but the fact that ML was so bare-bones made it incredibly boring.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:38 AM   #23
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Exactly. Konami needs to deliver a complete package. If you don't have licenses because the other company locked you out, work on your game modes and make them ground-breaking. For example, PES had the concept of "Youth System" first but they did nothing to improve it. The other company incorporated scouting reports. How about youth/reserve games with match reports? Hell, make the either playable and/or viewable. I could look past some of the gameplay/engine flaws in '14 but the fact that ML was so bare-bones made it incredibly boring.
Very true! Even with something like BAL nmode with was amazing to me back when they first had it in PES 09, I put over 100 hrs into that. Fast forward to now they haven't done anything with that mode as well (It actually got worse!), such a shame. The potential is there but the execution is lacking. I really hope for the best but optimism is no longer an option for me with PES.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:00 PM   #24
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Very true! Even with something like BAL nmode with was amazing to me back when they first had it in PES 09, I put over 100 hrs into that. Fast forward to now they haven't done anything with that mode as well (It actually got worse!), such a shame. The potential is there but the execution is lacking. I really hope for the best but optimism is no longer an option for me with PES.
Hell yeah Royce. In PES '10 & '11 (especially '10) I put in a lot of hours and even turned a few people on to the mode & game. At that time it was way ahead of the curve since you could play for club & country. I still have all of my videos for the dynasty franchise. Konami beat us over the head with the "potential" of the new engine but it's time for results.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »