Home

The PES 2015 Demo Shows Solid Progress For the Series Into Next-Gen (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on The PES 2015 Demo Shows Solid Progress For the Series Into Next-Gen (Roundtable) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2014, 11:27 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
The PES 2015 Demo Shows Solid Progress For the Series Into Next-Gen (Roundtable)

The PES 2015 demo dropped a couple of weeks ago, and our guys have spent a bit of time playing it. While there have been complaints about the series for a few years now, the on-pitch gameplay has typically been a strong suit of the game. With release a few weeks away still, here's a couple of sets of thoughts on the demo and what you can look forward to when PES 2015 releases on November 11th.

Read More - The PES 2015 Demo Shows Solid Progress For the Series Into Next-Gen (Roundtable)
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2014, 12:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Unfortunately what we can not look forward to is option files allowing us to have real kits.

I hadn't seen more than 1 CPU foul until a match last night where i saw a whopping 2. Outside of these I cant wait to get my hands on the game. After playing it on the PS4 i cant go back to PS3.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:57 PM   #3
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltliquor23
Unfortunately what we can not look forward to is option files allowing us to have real kits.

I hadn't seen more than 1 CPU foul until a match last night where i saw a whopping 2. Outside of these I cant wait to get my hands on the game. After playing it on the PS4 i cant go back to PS3.
It sounds like the file makers are making progress on the option files, don't give up on them yet.

Regarding the game itself, this article is pretty spot on. The CPU AI in PES is amazing, offering tactical and player variety that you don't really get in FIFA, at least not while playing against the CPU. The passing is great as always, and the controls are beautiful in their simplicity. What holds the game back for me, other than losing the licensing war again, are the sub par GKs and the sluggish dribble moves. There are far too many rebound goals, as mentioned, and even more goals that just shouldn't get by the keeper, period. I like the weight of the players and the pace of the game, but some of the skill moves are so slow (even latent feeling) that they are basically useless. I also feel like the deft touch dribble is far less effective this year. It is just far too slow, and trying to 'downshift' from a sprint to a 'jinking run' seems to cause an awkward slam on the brakes when applied.

At the end of the day though, it's a really, really fun game, and more than a viable alternative if you don't like, or are tired of, FIFA.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:01 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltliquor23

There is some progress on the Option File transfer issue (User patched teams and players). At least on PS4.

PES has always captured the essence of football.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:02 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5
great game, some rough edge for sure but gameplay and AI is far above competition and at the end of the day what matters most ?
can t wait for retail
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2014, 03:43 PM   #6
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The PES 2015 Demo Shows Solid Progress For the Series Into Next-Gen (Roundtable)

They had plenty of time to fix Fouls and Passive GK's. I've spotted those flaws from the very first gameplay videos and neither is fixed or at least improved. Everything else seems fine but the 2 mentioned problems are major ones.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:11 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0
Game seems too linear to me. I don't like that I have to use a trigger for manual passing, because otherwise it's too close to ping-pong like FIFA. I also don't like that their career mode (Master League) is even sparser than FIFA.'s CM. I might get it at some point as I love football, but I'm not really hyped for it.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:45 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
They had plenty of time to fix Fouls and Passive GK's. I've spotted those flaws from the very first gameplay videos and neither is fixed or at least improved. Everything else seems fine but the 2 mentioned problems are major ones.
It's quite possible those things were adjusted in the final build. The demo came out quite a long time before the game will be released.....does not even have commentary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »