Home

May be best to avoid the DEMO if you own FIFA...

This is a discussion on May be best to avoid the DEMO if you own FIFA... within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2014, 09:14 AM   #17
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: May be best to avoid the DEMO if you own FIFA...

I disagree with the OP. FIFA plays looks and sound way better.

Sent using a telephone
Old 11-20-2014, 09:19 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0

To me its just a matter of opinions. The two games are completely diferent and offer diferent experiences.

I would say that, Fifa looks better and sounds better. Both games have good gameplay, but diferent approaches. its up to each one to choose what type of goal you want to achieve with a soccer game. Both are good, and both have their flaws.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:54 AM   #19
Rookie

This game to me completely dominates fifa.. And that's coming from someone who has owned almost every fifa title from back in the sega genisis days.. I sold fifa quite quickly this year.. At first I really was digging fifa.. But the game play became very repetitive and there were only a handful of ways to score. Pes has completely opened my eyes to a new soccer gaming world and I'm ecstatic that I made the switch.. What makes me a bit sad is that at the local game stop the kid wasn't em sure if they carried pes.. Infact I bought the only copy they had.. He said they only ordered 1. To bad more people dont know about this gem and continue to play fifa.. Personally I'm just about done with EA games.. And ubisoft isn't to far behind with the let down I received after purchasing assassins creed just to trade it in 3 day's later
Old 11-20-2014, 11:02 PM   #20
Rookie

It's been about 10 days now since release of PES, and I'm pretty settled on it. I'm getting better at the game, and really starting to gel with the controls. On the other hand, I'm starting to notice the flaws. One example, as I have played enough games to score/concede a good number of goals, is goalkeeping really does not seem up to par. Keepers seem to be in slow motion and getting beat far too easily... However I'm optimistic things will be tweaked in the soon to arrive December update... But even if things aren't tweaked, I will probably still rate it much higher than fifa.

I can't see returning to Fifa 15 and, like jdubbs, I'm trying to move away from publishers like EA and their future games. It would take some amazing reviews to get me to consider fifa 16 after feeling ripped off from 14 to 15. For those that were feeling the same as me after years of Fifa, and EA's constant over hyping/under delivering, it would probably be an easy choice to switch over to PES.
Old 11-21-2014, 02:12 AM   #21
Rookie

i thought i was the only one ive been playing the demo nonstop. i went to play pro clubs with my boys and could barley get past 1 game. PES makes me work for everything. im converting over.
Yes pes has flaws:
everybody same height
licensing
ect
but for a true fan of football the gameplay is worth looking past that stuff for this year. i expect great things from 2016

Last edited by OR_drummerboi; 11-21-2014 at 02:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2014, 05:16 AM   #22
Pro

In fact I was playing the damn demo for too long, wich only means something: I had to buy the full version. Fifa enjoyed me a lot, but this PES has something that keeps me going to one more match. trying to get the hang of it with less assists. Assisted the game is just too easy.

And yeah, I miss FIfa GK´s, they had some great reactions and unexpected saves without looking unrealistic. PES needs some variation in that department. I think its the main thing, GK´s are a bit dull and predictable. Everything else is feeling good.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:39 AM   #23
Rookie

I wouldn't say fifa's keepers are any better. They are terribly inconsistent. At least with PES I know they are bad... In Fifa they are superhuman one moment, then absolute trash the next.

I'll agree though that they need some more variation. I've seen some Keepers make some nice moves, whereas others are very conservative throughout. I think it comes down to their play style. Maybe the differences could be toned down a bit.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:38 AM   #24
Pro

Gk´s in fifa are good once you know what to expect from them. Sometimes they surrprised me for good reasons, more then bad reasons.

PES, I think almost there. I´ve been calling out my GK most of the time and had great results. doesn't always work, but reduced a bit of those cheap CPU goals I was giving away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »