Home

Experience

This is a discussion on Experience within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2015, 03:22 PM   #1
Pro

timmuh1515's Arena

OVR: 5
Experience

Man this board is quiet!...I'm guessing there are better sites to discuss PES?

Anyway...what are people's thoughts on the game? I'll be honest...I struggle at times with the lack of licenses. I made a bunch of my own edits but I don't have a ton of free time to work out jerseys even with YouTube help.

The gameplay is fun. I'm going to start taking away some pass assist now that I'm more comfortable with the controls.

My issue, I believe is that I don't feel real connected to my team. I always play offline and master league feels a little dated.

Still fun...but right now I lean towards Fifa 14 being my favorite soccer game...have not played Fifa 15
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2015, 09:20 PM   #2
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Experience

Very good game on the pitch. Sometimes the control responsiveness isn't there, but overall the game is enjoyable.

There are a few areas holding it back though:

1) Lack of fouls. This leads to very few set pieces and stoppages in play. You can send in a sub at the 60 minute mark and play may not stop until the 80th minute.

2) CPU scores in ML and CL are out of control if you play more than 12 minute games. It takes away a lot of the immersion when your scores are 2-1, 1-1, 3-0 and the CPU scores around the league or tourney are 9-4, 6-5, 5-5. And I don't want to play 10 or 11 minutes games. The scores should be realistic.

3) No option file capability as of yet on PS4 or XBox One. We all knew this coming in, but I wish there was some type of sharing system for editing.

4) Not enough stadiums.

I enjoy playing the game though. PES does some really nice things this year.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:04 AM   #3
Pro

timmuh1515's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Experience

The lack of fouls has been disappointing so far...especially since there are certainly instances when they should be called against the cpu.

My hope is that I can learn to create more fouls once I have a better grasp on controls and how to initiate more contact by getting the cpu to bite.

I play 10 minutes because I've heard about the crazy scores...I hope that is fixed.

I fell in love with PES 13 which had been my first soccer game in a long time. Then Fifa 14 was really enjoyable. I bought PES 15 based on reading a lot of reviews on how the two different titles played but I just haven't found an attachment to the game yet.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:21 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

Thatīs my story so far. I canīt feel cnected to the game in the same way I felt with Fifa 15.

I was an all PES guy, until I got really tired of all problems in latest years. This year I triedd Fifa 15 on PC and I was overwhelmed by the overall quality of this game! I couldnīt resist and bought a console to enjoy it even more (my PC is not that great) and felt immediatly immersed in the game. Itīs not the gameplay alone (though I like it alot), but its also the complete package Fifa has to offer, the challenge, the variation in goals despite CPU plays very similar from team to team, the amount of fouls, the free kicks, the interactions with players, the match environment from the lightning to the sounds... licenses are not that important, but of course they also add something more to the already good package.

PES in the other hand, delivers an almost revolutionary gameplay, mainly because of CPU variation, but play on Superstar and the variation in CPU goals is not so great anymore. Environment is poor, mainly because of poor comentary and stadium sounds. The CPU fouls are extremely hard to pull and it seems that CPU lacks in agressivness... Plus, CPU playing possession seemed to be a great and realistic feature, but its turning out to be a frustration sometimes, as CPU keeps the ball deep in the field and its very very hard to actually press and make the CPU play forward. That leads to some very boring moments in matches where you feel youīre just watching CPU passing around again and again and again... Superstar makes the CPU play a more attacking mentality, but in the other hand, sometimes makes the CPU superpowered, creating plays that look like impossible to stop... not realistic at all.
And then, for the finish, Fifa animations look super sweeeet! Some replays look damn realistic as hell! Besides, player animations make more sense acording to the situation, whereas in PES some animations turn out to be awkward, shooting for example sometimes feels strange, doesnīt feel as natural...
Its a great game and lately Iīve been playing it all the time, but each time I get the "meh" feeling because of all the little and simple things that lack in it.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:12 PM   #5
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

What's weird about the scores is that some will be respectable and then boom, a 9-7 game.

Agree with all of the other issues as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2015, 10:19 PM   #6
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Pes 13 and 14 had several patches that both helped and hurt as the titles aged.

Hopefully 15 gets as much love, the good love. It doesnt need much this year but the more data packs the merrier and a fouls patch (which they have fixed before in 13 I think it was) and fix those ml cl wacky scores.

Also pes manager is way more fun than the myclub mode. If konami had integrated the pes manager format into myclub with the better graphics on ps4 and one, they would have destroyed Fut.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:05 AM   #7
Pro

I hate online modes and everything related. They leed mostly to frustrating experiences instead of good ones. But thatīs just me.

I prefer offline modes and PES has always been special, despite the lack of features... Though, they really have to improve the match presentation and comentary fast!!! ALso, PES has alot of potential, but its not enough to have potential year after year... The main diference here is that each game tries to provide us with a diferent type of product. Fifa has done it, PES is still trying after all these years. Hope they donīt quit but sometimes it seems like its getting harder and harder for them to keep up.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:37 PM   #8
Rookie

This is a great game. I've edited the kits, and I like the addition of England's FL.

I REALLY like PES, the game play is great, and I think they've captured the atmosphere of football really well.

Where FIFA comes out ahead for me (licenses have been done to death for what the game needs, so I'm leaving it out) is the overall presentation.

I like the in game score updates, replays and the pitch seems to be a little more alive. Especially in the rain.

These things didn't really seem to hit me until I went from two weeks of PES to getting FIFA 15 and playing that. If you haven't played EA Sports' game, you'll love PES because you won't know what elements are different.

At any rate, PES is a great game for a more pure gaming experience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »