Home

PES 2016 Wishlist

This is a discussion on PES 2016 Wishlist within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2015, 08:17 PM   #9
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: PES 2016 Wishlist

[quote=half-fast;2047109878]

Player contact and animation

Fifa recently took a huge step forward in this, and I think it's imperative that PES does for PES 16. Player fouls in Fifa can look so amazing. The fouls in PES can also look good, but often look too robotic or faked. Players' limbs don't break, and there just isn't enough animations for a proper fall in PES.

Skill moves

Another area where Fifa generally wins. Skill moves in PES are not fun to control and pull off. There needs to be a few more of them as well. I think they need to tweak this from the ground up.

IDK HF, I feel like player contact is done SO MUCH better in PES than it is in FIFA. PES players have weight which makes the actual contact feel more life-like. Unfortunately, the referee logic isn't tuned with the new engine like it was for 2014. One improvement that really jumps out to me in this area is contact after shots, you can get away some vicious follow-throughs and rarely a call. They could also let you out of the "shield" animation a little bit quicker.

I hate the skill moves in FIFA. Where PES' are a tad too slow FIFA's seem to be in 1.5X speed and the context in which the CPU uses them is rarely realistic. Spin-moves and roulettes in open space, ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW
African Teams

Better tackling system

Strafe
I prefer PES' tackle system as well for the simple fact that it's possible to actually put in a tackle on the CPU. Have you ever tried to slide tackle the CPU in FIFA 15? Good luck even getting close enough to because player agility is super boosted. One thing I hate in PES 2015 though is the delay after you are tackled where the ball seems to be on rails for the tackler.

There's a strafe button. I believe it's L2/LT (I'm not sure, I've been player FIFA BAL the last few days so my controls have been thrown off).

Don't get me wrong though guys, I agree with A LOT of what you're saying . Menu's, option files, keeper animations, master league depth, master league/BAL sim scores, fouls, presentation, "on-rails", stadiums, etc... all need work and tbh, were all noticeably deficient from Day 1.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:28 PM   #10
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

I sent my wishlist in several areas in the different PES surveys and I forgot to back up most of what I posted there but I found my Master League thoughts.

Master League Wishlist
  • Improved menus (aesthetically), the one in PES 2015 is really dull.
  • More and more detailed news with some sort of resemblance to sport websites or social media (Facebook, Twitter).
  • Ability to go from day to day.
  • Add team training and ore depth in individual training.
  • Ability to create and save several formations.
  • Bring back the variety of player development from PES 5; Early Peak, Early/Lasting, Standard, Standard/Lasting, Late peak, Late/Lasting.
  • Make transfers more realistic (example: Negredo to Stoke).
  • Remove smiley faces from negotiation, should be a discussion with the player’s agent or player himself.
  • Players should have different (and dynamic) ambitions which would influence signings; play for a top team, money, squad opportunities in first team, squad talent, club’s objectives.
  • Negotiations should be with team first, then player.
  • Difficulty levels to the mode.
  • Ability to scout young players and buy them into the club’s Youth Team.
  • Each clubs should have their own Youth Team and their players’ quality and diversity should be different between clubs.
  • Better and more realistic cutscenes (example: press conference with manager about new signed player).
  • Have more time and ability to go back and forth with player negotiations before the beginning of the season.
  • Realistic transfer fees.
  • Ability to get fired (CPU managers too or retire).
  • Play team practices.
  • Being able to talk to players individually and to the entire squad.
  • Players’ morale and satisfaction in club.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:38 PM   #11
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Great list Ermolli!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2015, 09:38 AM   #12
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

OVR: 0

Loving to see how this thread's going, and i have some notes on the things said here:

Option files:
There's nothing KONAMI can do about it, it's Sony and Microsoft, but KONAMI could have an in game sharing system like in madden, 2k, etc, but that means they need a whole lot better edit mode, which they do...

Master League:
A lot of the things said are 100% true, and like I said in many more places, I think KONAMI will put more attention to ML in PES 2016, because this year they had a brand new mode, MyClub, which took probably most of their time.

Gameplay:
Also mostly agreed with the ideas, though some of people's opinions really surprised me, especially the tackling system and the collision system, which, for me, are vastly superior than fifa's.

Presentation:
Everything said is true for me, with stadiums, KONAMI needs to either implement a real stadium creator, or have more stadiums licensed. Commentary needs to be revamped and overhauled, with new commentators or way better lines, and KONAMI, along with almost every sports game company, needs to learn from 2k, because I've only heard once or twice the same line after about 4 months.

I also wanted to tell you about a wishlist I saw on YouTube by the true brits, that had a lot of great ideas!
Old 03-09-2015, 09:44 AM   #13
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

A few thoughts that came through my mind now:

- One of the top priorities in my opinion should be to remove the regional barriers this game has, it shouldn’t have one when no other sports game has it. I find it really annoying that I can’t play against people from other parts of the world because I have an American copy of the game and even more when I couldn’t use European option files because they’re region locked.
- STOP PUTTING TEAM AND PLAYER NAMES IN CAPS, extremely stupid when the rest of the game isn’t like that.
- Better reffering and more fouls, so many obvious ones that aren’t called.
- The commentary needs a huge overhaul, it’s simply awful and the worst in sports gaming. No link between phrases, lots of dead air, no emotion, tone differences between phrases that sound odd, little variety, no flow, delay between action and commentary and one of the things I hate the most is the lack of goooooooooool from LatinAmerican commentators which is part of the culture of this region. Crowds also need to be a lot better.
- Presentation needs to be revamped. Pregame is ok I guess but ingame presentation needs a huge improvement, FIFA 15 does is superbly.
- The ability of combining kits, shorts and socks like PES 5 had, would be really useful specially to avoid similarity between players and keepers.
- Roster sharing, if it can be multiplatform it’d be better. The ability to download entire option files or just teams, players or faces individually from other users and import them to their own option files; and please don’t overwrite edited teams with new patches.
- Menus still need to be better, the main menu would be the only one I’d say it’s good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatIsraeliGuy
I also wanted to tell you about a wishlist I saw on YouTube by the true brits, that had a lot of great ideas!
Is this the video?

If so, yes he has good point although I don't find FIFA's career mode that good.
Old 03-09-2015, 10:36 AM   #14
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli

Is this the video?

If so, yes he has good point although I don't find FIFA's career mode that good.
Yeah this one
Old 03-10-2015, 09:46 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

As a diehard PES fan, three things kept me from keeping PES 15.

1. Defensive Pressure throughout the pitch - there is way too much space, way...way..way...way too much space. I don't understand how people play this, knowing that they can freely pass to their center forward, and have ages to hold onto the ball.

2. Very simply, stop the "clean" passing. Meaning the ball rolls like it is on the smoothest carpet ever. This cannot happen in every match, not even in every stadium - especially as the game goes on...metal cleats dig into the turf for a reason - and they cause surfaces to become jagged. Please go back to the PES of old (not PES 6) like PES 4 and PES 3 where it actually made a difference in physics.

3. Tiki taka passing. This is due to the lack of pressure through the pitch, but it deserves its own number. There is absolutely no way IRL that teams can complete all these passes from back to front, with success. There is a reason you see players IRL stop the ball and have to side step and literally walk with the ball at times, it's because they are trying to find a pass. That's all it is.

It's the simple things that KONAMI needs to focus on. I'm not going to be cliche and say go all the way back to the PES of old - but there are certain SIMPLE gameplay values that can be a make or break PES 16.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2015, 06:48 AM   #16
Rookie

If I am trying to bring up something that hasn't been mentioned, I will say two things.

1. Goalkeepers are too easy to beat. If you get a clear shot on net, so long as your aim is decent, it usually results in a goal. I find the computer scoring a lot of frustrating goals where they pass into the middle and a player does a little tap in... Or less often, I find myself scoring from angles that should very rarely result in goals. Long story short, it's far too easy to score once you're in position to shoot.

2. I've been getting really annoyed with the accuracy of the assisted passing. Quite often passes that you make do not go to the guy you were aiming at. It does not seem like the system does a good job at discerning who you are aiming at based on aim and passing power. It doesn't always disappoint, but it only needs to happen a few times in a match to become annoying. Now I know you can easily get past this by going full manual, but that doesn't address the fact that it is something that should be tweaked.

EDIT: almost forgot... It MUST be released either before Fifa or soon after!! After putting so much time into fifa15, I couldn't put the same amount of time into PES; I got burned out of football games for a while.

Last edited by kashik; 03-11-2015 at 06:54 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »