Home

PES 2016 Gameplay Video - Juventus F.C. vs. A.C. Milan

This is a discussion on PES 2016 Gameplay Video - Juventus F.C. vs. A.C. Milan within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2015, 04:44 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: PES 2016 Gameplay Video - Juventus F.C. vs. A.C. Milan

Watching that video makes me miss pes13, they were starting to get it right I don't know why they changed the engine. I really hope the demo is good, because I was not impressed at all. They need to get rid of that playing in mud look animations, the ps2 games looked more fluid than this ****.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2015, 07:33 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorMania
Watching that video makes me miss pes13, they were starting to get it right I don't know why they changed the engine. I really hope the demo is good, because I was not impressed at all. They need to get rid of that playing in mud look animations, the ps2 games looked more fluid than this ****.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
This is what I don't understand. I've been playing football games since ISS. Why have games not improved their gameplay greatly since then?

Of course many things have changed, but for all the aspects that have improved -and many hugely- most are not related to making it a physically better game of football.

When I see these videos for PES 2016, I'm not left thinking how good it will be but how it seems to be yet another "2 steps forward and 1 step back" iteration. I cannot believe some problems STILL exist, and that some elements were better in previous versions!

No doubt PES 2016 will be a decent game, but I have little faith that the field will be theirs this year... or next... or the one after that. Fifa faces the same iterative problems, but PES needs an absolute stunner to even get back into contention and nothing shows this to be it.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:55 AM   #27
Banned

steveeee's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
FIFA seems more polished in all things off the field, but I think I'll enjoy PES's gameplay more.
Plus, while I don't really even know a lot of the players, I do know about the Champions League and it's something I'd definitely want in a soccer game.
So having that over all the real teams and rosters is more important to me.
this is exactly how it was last year for me. FIFA is good for online play for me for awhile until it gets old. FIFA's gameplay doesn't last as long to me as PES does. I was just playing PES 2015 all day yesterday with friends offline. That would never happen in FIFA to where I play the game this long after release because mainly the gameplay for FIFA gets burnt out so fast for me.
I am not sure I agree with those that say they want sliders in PES.. for me that ruins FIFA in ways.. same with all the manual and assisted control options.

ps. I guess me and my friends I play with are in the minority but I already thought PES last year was better than FIFA in terms of gameplay.. it seems many in this thread don't agree to that.

Last edited by steveeee; 08-10-2015 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:18 AM   #28
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveeee
this is exactly how it was last year for me. FIFA is good for online play for me for awhile until it gets old. FIFA's gameplay doesn't last as long to me as PES does. I was just playing PES 2015 all day yesterday with friends offline. That would never happen in FIFA to where I play the game this long after release because mainly the gameplay for FIFA gets burnt out so fast for me.
I am not sure I agree with those that say they want sliders in PES.. for me that ruins FIFA in ways.. same with all the manual and assisted control options.

ps. I guess me and my friends I play with are in the minority but I already thought PES last year was better than FIFA in terms of gameplay.. it seems many in this thread don't agree to that.
I thought PES had better gameplay to a certain degree especially when playing against friends. FIFA on the defualt sliders and normal speed is really unplayable for me that basically kills it for me to ever play online and against friends. It was one of the reasons I waited so long until picking up the full retail version for myself. It all comes down to preference and what you can tolerate honestly, PES does certain things well and that FIFA does not and vice versa.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:06 PM   #29

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashik
This is what I don't understand. I've been playing football games since ISS. Why have games not improved their gameplay greatly since then?

Of course many things have changed, but for all the aspects that have improved -and many hugely- most are not related to making it a physically better game of football.

When I see these videos for PES 2016, I'm not left thinking how good it will be but how it seems to be yet another "2 steps forward and 1 step back" iteration. I cannot believe some problems STILL exist, and that some elements were better in previous versions!.

We know that one of the reasons for this is people seem to care more about improving graphics and licenses than realistic gameplay and replay value. Even PES is guilty of this in recent years. And it's hard to blame them when we know every review that comes out will dock them a point for not having the EPL. And for all of FIFA's gameplay issues, they are guaranteed 9+ reviews because of their graphics and presentation.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:37 PM   #30
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
We know that one of the reasons for this is people seem to care more about improving graphics and licenses than realistic gameplay and replay value. Even PES is guilty of this in recent years. And it's hard to blame them when we know every review that comes out will dock them a point for not having the EPL. And for all of FIFA's gameplay issues, they are guaranteed 9+ reviews because of their graphics and presentation.
Every review except for one...
Old 08-10-2015, 07:16 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
It's really a depressing thing that sports games get produced this way... And most definitely EA were the ones that started it: make it look as good as possible, then adjust the gameplay (for better or worse) to feel just different enough from the previous release.

It would be nice to see an indie studio put out a football game that just wipes the floor, gameplay wise, with PES/Fifa. I would gladly support an effort like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2015, 11:50 AM   #32
Banned

steveeee's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
It's really a depressing thing that sports games get produced this way... And most definitely EA were the ones that started it: make it look as good as possible, then adjust the gameplay (for better or worse) to feel just different enough from the previous release.

It would be nice to see an indie studio put out a football game that just wipes the floor, gameplay wise, with PES/Fifa. I would gladly support an effort like that.
yeah.. well I'm just thankful that EA has competition in this sport as to me it's what makes these games better. Just imagine if PES was not even around anymore...? FIFA would go to dog crap again so fast

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »