Home

PES 2016 Demo Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4

This is a discussion on PES 2016 Demo Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2015, 07:04 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
That's fine, man. What you see is what you see - but if you're going to generalize the "FIFA sliders" guys then be objective with what we all see on PES - video doesn't lie.

Regardless, the demo is promising, the defensive line is a bit in shambles for my personal liking. On that KG's goal, it didn't make sense that the CB continued to back up as Pogba got through and was obviously going to shoot. The positive was that the DM (I think?) stepped up as the first man was beat almost instantly. So apply that same trait/animation to the defensive backs - and you've got the formula for some better defensive awareness.
From the video it looks like Bayern's CBs were occupied by Vidal and Morata and Pogba shot right after he beat the DM so the CBs had no time to close him down. Had Pogba dribbled forward after beating the DM and the CBs didnt close Pogba down, then that would be a defensive awareness issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 07:29 PM   #82
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: PES 2016 Demo Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo2119
From the video it looks like Bayern's CBs were occupied by Vidal and Morata and Pogba shot right after he beat the DM so the CBs had no time to close him down. Had Pogba dribbled forward after beating the DM and the CBs didnt close Pogba down, then that would be a defensive awareness issue.
The RCB turns their back on the dribbler to chase their mark, the LCB backs up and shifts to their mark. Defensive awareness would be shift towards the dribbler as soon as he crossed the threshold of the first 2 players, while still maintaining an angle to cut off the pass. At that point in time one of those CBs should have gone for the dribbler at least. The fact that one turned their back away after Pogba gets through, is just another sign of poor defensive fundamentals through programming. FIFA did it, PES did/does it - the more we identify it - the better chance it has to be fixed. I obviously will need to get more videos up to explain in depth so hopefully the developers and important parties can be made aware.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:37 PM   #83
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

If they add a foul slider that would make the game for me. I am playing on superstar -1 speed all assists off and enjoying the gameplay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2015, 07:39 PM   #84
Banned

OVR: 0
I hate to say it but PES 2016 is trash so far. And I doubt they will change anything about it! I really wonder why they won Best Sports Game at this years Gamescom?

First of all the lack of fouls, free kicks and penalties is a game killer. Football without fouls isn't playable. And most likely they won't change anything about it. PES 2015 had the same issues and Adam Bhatti and his Konami "soccer team" didn't change it. The final build was exactly the same gameplay like the demo and the lack of fouls so obvious. Adam Bhatti is a prick, he banned me and others from his Twitter because of asking for more fouls. Maybe the last of my 10 tries was too harsh lol. They are not interested in feedback.

Anyway the game has many other ****ty aspects. Ping Pong passes, awkward player movement and body types. Legs are way too short, it looks hilarious. Then the volleys and tricks are complete unrealistic BS. Sometimes player shoot the ball without touching it. Same with shots to the post. I could go on but the thing with no fouls is even enough.

After playing four demo games PES 16 already died for me. I doubt they change anything but nice face scans and casual gamer stuff. Sad.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:41 PM   #85
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG

From the XB1

Good goal by Pogba (who's a great mix of pace & power). I'd still rather see him go down via one of those challenges instead of skipping over it.
This tackle skipping is so unrealistic it hurts my eyes. KONAMI has clearly butchered the Fox Engine because their devs are incapable of improving the collision system.
There are also def awareness problems in this goal as the 2 CBs should try to close down. I understand that they keep an eye on their markings but this is really bad coding.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 07:48 PM   #86
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
The RCB turns their back on the dribbler to chase their mark, the LCB backs up and shifts to their mark. Defensive awareness would be shift towards the dribbler as soon as he crossed the threshold of the first 2 players, while still maintaining an angle to cut off the pass. At that point in time one of those CBs should have gone for the dribbler at least. The fact that one turned their back away after Pogba gets through, is just another sign of poor defensive fundamentals through programming. FIFA did it, PES did/does it - the more we identify it - the better chance it has to be fixed. I obviously will need to get more videos up to explain in depth so hopefully the developers and important parties can be made aware.
Explain what Matt? The obvious? After so many years I'm really tired complaining and trying to fix both games (FIFA/PES) with modding. Obviously the devs have no idea about football. Have you seen any of them here at OS? SCEA and 2k always have someone here answering questions and taking feedback.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:53 PM   #87
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
Explain what Matt? The obvious? After so many years I'm really tired complaining and trying to fix both games (FIFA/PES) with modding. Obviously the devs have no idea about football. Have you seen any of them here at OS? SCEA and 2k always have someone here answering questions and taking feedback.
We can make them more aware, I do have to get more active as a contributor to FSB for example. There are mediums, but you're right, it isn't helpful when they are not visible.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:56 PM   #88
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryP
Anyone have trouble installing the demo (PS4)? I've downloaded twice now and received a message after installing most of the way that it cannot install.
Yes. I set it to download from the store online and my son told me it couldn't install. Any idea if there is a way to fix that? If not, I will keep playing the New Zealand demo

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »