Home

PES 2016 - Fluid formations, tactics, and more to achieve simulation gameplay!

This is a discussion on PES 2016 - Fluid formations, tactics, and more to achieve simulation gameplay! within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2015, 07:38 AM   #25
Pro

JimmyDeicide's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: PES 2016 - Fluid formations, tactics, and more to achieve simulation gameplay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Quick question: do u know for sure that the CPU uses fluid formations, or do these only apply to user teams?
I know Bayern do. So my guess would be some have it set to on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2015, 10:10 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: PES 2016 - Fluid formations, tactics, and more to achieve simulation gameplay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
What do you like Matt? This is frantic, end to end, arcade football action. Yes pass completion percentage is good but this is because cpu AI tries everytime to find with through balls the attacking players.
There's no build up play and there are many lightning fast one-touch passes.
Sorry but this is not football.
Also Juventus doesn't play this way at all. If they can't reproduce the way big teams play why they even bother with licenses? Would you ever buy NBA2k if all teams had the same 10 plays?
You guys are way too lenient with KONAMI and EA for their football videogames.
Hey now, obviously you haven't seen my posts in this section yet then. I am far from lenient with KONAMI, and especially EA.

I didn't have time to post a full on review of what I saw, but in comparison to the higher difficulties it has more promise. The positioning is better and not chaotic, the CPU makes bad passes that are able to be intercepted. They do send the ball long, yes I know this is a tactic thing are you kidding me - of course I know that and of course I know Juve would never play this way - duh? I just wanted to see if someone could use the fluid formations to achieve what would be deemed true football. See, I'm already expecting a global editor not being out for several months - so I'm assessing the options with a preemptive notion.

The thing is, I'm not going to go crazy over a DEMO, and neither should anyone. The final product is what lets us down and has let me down personally with KONAMI since introducing the fox engine in 14.

PES 16 hasn't shown actual true to life football yet, but on professional it looks like it has potential. That's all I was addressing. I'll make sure to post a full write up next time before you start generalizing. You should know already how I operate and what kind of leniency I have for lack of realism - I make it perfectly clear for crying out loud.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:04 PM   #27
Pro

stevostl's Arena

OVR: 0

Fluid formations is a must to use in this game...

good post OP

for me this will be the best PES ever if they don't screw it up! I have spent enough time with the demo to state that...

I hope Konami does NOT change much with this demo and mess it up... sometimes they do this

the only thing that needs a little fixing is the referees

the total control playing defense and overall control responsiveness of my players is the best ever for a footie game... playing against another human or 2 v 2 will be at an all time best ever in a footie game if they don't mess it up.

settings I play at...

top player
support level (off) this is the best for this game when playing against the computer AI.. in fact it's a must
game speed default.... I did play at -1 but switched back to default because I feel the control responsiveness is better
shooting I have used all 3 but using basic the most

Quote:
PES 16 hasn't shown actual true to life football yet, but on professional it looks like it has potential. That's all I was addressing. I'll make sure to post a full write up next time before you start generalizing. You should know already how I operate and what kind of leniency I have for lack of realism - I make it perfectly clear for crying out loud.
hmmmmm for someone that has played the game my entire life and still do it surely has. but you are entitled to your opinion as well and I respect that. for video games.. it's the the closest though to the real thing.. if not I wouldn't plan on buying it this year. Lets just hope Konami doesn't screw up changing it much from the demo .. I only want the devs to fix the foul system

Last edited by stevostl; 08-25-2015 at 03:11 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:51 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevostl
Fluid formations is a must to use in this game...

good post OP

for me this will be the best PES ever if they don't screw it up! I have spent enough time with the demo to state that...

I hope Konami does NOT change much with this demo and mess it up... sometimes they do this

the only thing that needs a little fixing is the referees

the total control playing defense and overall control responsiveness of my players is the best ever for a footie game... playing against another human or 2 v 2 will be at an all time best ever in a footie game if they don't mess it up.

settings I play at...

top player
support level (off) this is the best for this game when playing against the computer AI.. in fact it's a must
game speed default.... I did play at -1 but switched back to default because I feel the control responsiveness is better
shooting I have used all 3 but using basic the most

hmmmmm for someone that has played the game my entire life and still do it surely has. but you are entitled to your opinion as well and I respect that. for video games.. it's the the closest though to the real thing.. if not I wouldn't plan on buying it this year. Lets just hope Konami doesn't screw up changing it much from the demo .. I only want the devs to fix the foul system
It's not there yet, it's close, a lot closer than 14 and 15 combined, that is for sure. It's back to the old PES 3-6 feeling - but even those games needed some calibration. I'm excited to see what the final product brings as well.

I've also played the game my entire life, high school, college and pro - but that's neither here nor there since what we see on the tele is not what's shown on the PES pitch just yet. Excited regardless
Old 08-26-2015, 09:39 AM   #29
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
It's not there yet, it's close, a lot closer than 14 and 15 combined, that is for sure. It's back to the old PES 3-6 feeling - but even those games needed some calibration. I'm excited to see what the final product brings as well.

I've also played the game my entire life, high school, college and pro - but that's neither here nor there since what we see on the tele is not what's shown on the PES pitch just yet. Excited regardless
I'm glad you mentioned PES 3-6 weren't perfect as well because a lot of people praise it all the time like it was the most realistic football experience ever looking through those nostalgia goggles. I do think it was at the time but I feel like FIFA and PES have now eclipsed what the old PES did fundamentally. PES 5 was my favorite but they still had a lot of issues like the Full Back stamina glitch and assist not be recorded correctly. I think PES 16 is a lot of fun but of course with a few glaring issues, we will just have to wait and see how the final release turns out.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:42 PM   #30
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I'm glad you mentioned PES 3-6 weren't perfect as well because a lot of people praise it all the time like it was the most realistic football experience ever looking through those nostalgia goggles. I do think it was at the time but I feel like FIFA and PES have now eclipsed what the old PES did fundamentally. PES 5 was my favorite but they still had a lot of issues like the Full Back stamina glitch and assist not be recorded correctly. I think PES 16 is a lot of fun but of course with a few glaring issues, we will just have to wait and see how the final release turns out.
Hell yeah. Could you imagine going back to the 8 directional movement? Ugh
Old 08-27-2015, 04:56 AM   #31
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Hell yeah. Could you imagine going back to the 8 directional movement? Ugh
The movement was indeed limited but the AI in PES 5-6 and especially in the Liveware Edition was one of the best both defensively and offensively.
If you fire up these games again you'll see right away:
- Cpu AI defense covering is gorgeous.
- Teammates and cpu players running into open space 100% when you want them to run.
- Goalkeepers intelligence is superb.
- Fouls. Fouls everywhere.
- Through balls simplified but a joy to use.
- Cpu changing sides.

There were ofc flaws but after 10 years the game has become worse. That's the sad truth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2015, 01:50 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
The movement was indeed limited but the AI in PES 5-6 and especially in the Liveware Edition was one of the best both defensively and offensively.
If you fire up these games again you'll see right away:
- Cpu AI defense covering is gorgeous.
- Teammates and cpu players running into open space 100% when you want them to run.
- Goalkeepers intelligence is superb.
- Fouls. Fouls everywhere.
- Through balls simplified but a joy to use.
- Cpu changing sides.

There were ofc flaws but after 10 years the game has become worse. That's the sad truth.
I was never a big critic on 8-directional or 360; didn't really matter to me honestly, so I agree with everything you mentioned. I played the crap out of WE9:LE, it was by far one of my favorite in the PES series next to PES 4 (with global edits).

That nostalgia though....

(no sound)

I think what the problem with PES and FIFA is now that the directional controls are all over. This results in more options, but more problems. At limited directions, it was much easier to program imho - so the proper positioning and gameplay was able to be intact - and more reflective of what we all know the game should be.

Last edited by Matt10; 08-27-2015 at 01:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »