Home

PES 2016: Demo Impressions Roundtable

This is a discussion on PES 2016: Demo Impressions Roundtable within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2015, 07:31 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
PES 2016: Demo Impressions Roundtable

The PES 2016 Demo has been out and playable for a few days now, and OS'ers generally seem to be pleased with what they see. But what about the staff? We get some of the gang together in a new roundtable discussion to see what exactly they're thinking about the demo as we head towards release.

Read More - PES 2016: Demo Impressions Roundtable
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2015, 08:27 PM   #2
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

OVR: 0
Jayson - So you don't like the x button for tackling and meter for measuring passing and therefore hate the game? Everyone i talk to loves the meter but if you are doing a short pass you don't need to even look at it. Most of the time you don't unless trying to pinpoint a pass or are switching play across the field. Also if you play on a high difficulty and spam x usually the AI or human player will go right around you.

Also the menus are not that confusing to me. It is just because most people play FIFA and are used to those menus. It is like any game you play that has different menus. Just takes a little while to get used too. Don't get me wrong, they are not perfect but they are NOT that hard to get around. It has been pretty easy for me to go in and edit whatever I wanted.

Anyway these are good just wish you guys went into a little more depth. Check out my thread for an in depth look at how fluid formations, tactics, and other things can really improve the gameplay and make it more simulation like.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/pro-evolution-soccer/849945-pes-2016-fluid-formations-tactics-more-achieve-simulation-gameplay.html
Old 08-15-2015, 09:12 PM   #3
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: PES 2016: Demo Impressions Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmendenhall_9
Jayson - So you don't like the x button for tackling and meter for measuring passing and therefore hate the game? Everyone i talk to loves the meter but if you are doing a short pass you don't need to even look at it. Most of the time you don't unless trying to pinpoint a pass or are switching play across the field. Also if you play on a high difficulty and spam x usually the AI or human player will go right around you.

Also the menus are not that confusing to me. It is just because most people play FIFA and are used to those menus. It is like any game you play that has different menus. Just takes a little while to get used too. Don't get me wrong, they are not perfect but they are NOT that hard to get around. It has been pretty easy for me to go in and edit whatever I wanted.

Anyway these are good just wish you guys went into a little more depth. Check out my thread for an in depth look at how fluid formations, tactics, and other things can really improve the gameplay and make it more simulation like.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-gameplay.html
The roundtables are more meant for quicker impressions. When the release comes around, obviously we'll go much more in depth. I watched your video the other day though, thanks for sharing on the site.
Old 08-15-2015, 11:44 PM   #4
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

Yeah no problem, just felt like a little rebuttal would help with the conversation. I agree it isn't perfect but has a lot going for it.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:33 AM   #5
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

Wow, this james guy doesn't sound like a fifa fanboy at all, right?
He seriously sounds like someone who played one PES title and moved to fifa, considering what he said about the controls.
Also, the rating system? Remember fifa 15? Remember the rating system it used? That's right, a PENTAGON.
This system was on almost all PES titles (only one I remember didn't have it is 2015), and you know it's a good system if football manager uses it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2015, 05:00 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1
i can't believe it.
This is what PES 2014 would be...Look at that. It's PES 2013 and it looks and feels so much closer too PES 2016 than PES 2015 does....
Old 08-16-2015, 05:03 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6yojxFWJRY
Old 08-16-2015, 07:22 AM   #8
MVP

DatIsraeliGuy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WALTERBERRYPAOK
i can't believe it.
This is what PES 2014 would be...Look at that. It's PES 2013 and it looks and feels so much closer too PES 2016 than PES 2015 does....
What?
You just showed a PES 2013 with I think mods?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »