Home

Glowing Games Radar Review

This is a discussion on Glowing Games Radar Review within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2015, 10:56 AM   #25
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Glowing Games Radar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
wait... you're not into "end-to-end arcade attacking" but you would take FIFA 14 over it as the best football game of all time.... lololol FIFA 14 was nothing but pacey winger play and thats a fact, FIFA 15 toned the pacey winger play down and it was still nothing but pacey winger play. FIFA doesn't even have a midfield. back four & and front 3, thats it.

and for the simple fact that he is one of the most respected people in the football gaming community, if he says to him its the best ever, then thats fine. Its his opinion.
People who complain about PES' tactics and then mention FIFA are delusional.

FIFA is like playing hockey. I buy it for the licenses, sure, but it is what it is.

Ridiculous, some of these comments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2015, 11:01 AM   #26
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

It's almost like he's trying to get a rise out of people.

People on FIFA don't even play manual for the most part, leading to 8-6, 7-5 games online. When I play manual, I score maybe 3-4 goals, but if a guys talks trash, I'll switch to auto and usually score in the double digits -- ridiculous

PES and NBA 2K are the best SIM games out, period.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:10 AM   #27
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peji911
It's almost like he's trying to get a rise out of people.

People on FIFA don't even play manual for the most part, leading to 8-6, 7-5 games online. When I play manual, I score maybe 3-4 goals, but if a guys talks trash, I'll switch to auto and usually score in the double digits -- ridiculous

You're leaving out MLB the Show here .

But I'll stick up for Dub here as he isn't trying to get a rise out of people, he is just as passionate as many of us footy game fans and just wants to get the best experience here. I am not really seeing an issue with the pace here as once I sat down and tweaked the game to my liking it felt fine.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:00 PM   #28

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

No, not trying to get a rise out of people, lol. Just said I prefered FIFA 14 to what I was seeing on the PES demo. I thought FIFA 15 was trash and PES 15 was good, and then vice-versa in 14.

I've played the demo on default speed (the speed the glowing review was played at) with 1 pass setting for like 50 matches and I had way too many easy end-to-end goal fests for my taste. Shooting seems easy too. Lowering the speed to -1 helps for sure, but on default settings it seems fast to me.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:19 PM   #29

dubcity's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peji911

Well, lets not pretend like people playing PES online don't play like complete idiots too. I've played PES online from 2011 to now and it's rarely (if ever) been a brilliant, realistic football experience. Most people (like 99%) will be playing with pass assist at 1-3, and they'll be exploiting the game same as any other online game. To the point that, as with FIFA, I avoid it and just try to make playing the CPU realistic and fun.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:32 PM   #30
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevostl
yes.. this sounds very strange ... I thought the same when I read that. lol

I don't know how anyone can think the PES2016 demo is arcade like end to end football playing on -1 gamespeed and 0 pass support and manual shooting... There is buildup and everything.. it's far from end to end... so not sure where that is coming from..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial23
PES, arcade? lol...I've seen it all now.

PES is literally the least arcadey sports game nearly every year. By far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Well, lets not pretend like people playing PES online don't play like complete idiots too. I've played PES online from 2011 to now and it's rarely (if ever) been a brilliant, realistic football experience. Most people (like 99%) will be playing with pass assist at 1-3, and they'll be exploiting the game same as any other online game. To the point that, as with FIFA, I avoid it and just try to make playing the CPU realistic and fun.
True. I guess cause I've played with only people I know, at least in an online community, and it's always manual or +1 at most.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:41 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
No, not trying to get a rise out of people, lol. Just said I prefered FIFA 14 to what I was seeing on the PES demo. I thought FIFA 15 was trash and PES 15 was good, and then vice-versa in 14.

I've played the demo on default speed (the speed the glowing review was played at) with 1 pass setting for like 50 matches and I had way too many easy end-to-end goal fests for my taste. Shooting seems easy too. Lowering the speed to -1 helps for sure, but on default settings it seems fast to me.
Have you tried All manual, no pass or shooting assists, Superstar, -1?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 03:03 AM   #32

dubcity's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeleTex82
Have you tried All manual, no pass or shooting assists, Superstar, -1?

I have tried -1 speed, and that's definitely the way to go. Heard people say -2 may be better, but that seems excessive. 0 pass assist definitely slows my passing game down and increases difficulty, but also puts the user at a pretty huge disadvantage. CPU can fire off perfect one-touch passes with ease and speed, while it's much much harder on the user side. It's kind of similar with shooting, as it seems "basic" shooting is way easier than last year. I actually found it easier to score on manual last year, but I digress.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »