Home

PES 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2015, 09:24 AM   #73
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: PES 2016 Available Today, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO
I probably should have actually spent some time playing the game before spending so much editing. Because I don't think I ever want to play this game again. I am that disappointed and frustrated with the game play.

I did the same thing for the 2015 version as I put well over 150 hrs into edits before giving up on the gameplay due to the lack of fouls and others issues that are present again in 16. With all the glowing reviews now, I fear that will only encourage them to leave things alone again.

I was really hoping things would change for 16 as I had my $60 waiting to pick it up, but I bought NHL 16 yesterday in order to not make the same mistake twice.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 09-16-2015, 09:25 AM   #74
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmendenhall_9
We believe in the PATCH! it is lame but hopefully something can be worked out. seriously so close. so weird because pes 14 had fouls patched in and that was on the fox engine. must be different with the next gen and collision system now.
It's simple: I'm not buying a football game without fouls as I'm not buying a basketball game without fouls.
In addition (judging from the videos):
- Almost every shot inside the box is a goal.
- Goalkeepers animation is at 24fps and it's ridiculous.
- The game has the exact cpu teammate defensive problems as FIFA 15 vanilla.

Last edited by fearwhatnow; 09-16-2015 at 09:28 AM.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:31 AM   #75
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

This thread has become hard to read through.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 09:38 AM   #76
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Watching the video clip above, I see the slow reacting goalie is still in. At times the keepers look great and react appropriately, other times you get what was shown in the two goals above.

It really bugs me. Could be wrong, but it seems a way for the game to allow a goal, when otherwise the shot would be stopped. Scoring in the demo and seeing replays with the slow reactions made the goals feel cheap and undeserved.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:52 AM   #77
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

See, this is exactly what I had highlighted several months ago. It's Not Alive (like Bhatti says), but it's seriously Chaotic. It's like PES took FIFA 15's and PES 14/15's defending ADD and just ported it into PES 16

Old 09-16-2015, 09:54 AM   #78
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Yeah, but even when we see the ref giving the advantage we can't just stop and take the foul like FIFA. If we stop dribbling, the CPU are allowed to tackle the ball away while the ref does nothing. Seems like it would be a simple fix, but oh well. Even if the CPU fouls in our own 1/3 the ref forces us to play advantage.
FIFA gets it wrong too in the opposite case, lol. It allows you to take the advantage too far. You get fouled and play on, take a few dribbles and make a pass that gets intercepted and the ref brings it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Watching the video clip above, I see the slow reacting goalie is still in. At times the keepers look great and react appropriately, other times you get what was shown in the two goals above.

It really bugs me. Could be wrong, but it seems a way for the game to allow a goal, when otherwise the shot would be stopped. Scoring in the demo and seeing replays with the slow reactions made the goals feel cheap and undeserved.
You should be happy that at least Milan is scoring goals somewhere
Old 09-16-2015, 10:24 AM   #79
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Played four games last night. The slide tackle issue is a bit annoying, I'm hoping they fix it, but I'm seeing regular fouls against the CPU ... Maybe on the not enough side, but still seeing enough of the obvious ones. The fouls I've seen have looked amazing in the replay as well, my wife even commented at how good they look.

I'm really pleased with the commentary this year, but I'd still like to see Jim Beglin hit the bricks. Some weird ai moments, but there are some brilliant ones too. So far it looks like I will be splitting my soccer time between pes and FIFA again this year.

Played one game of BAL and its definitely much improved over last year, worth looking into this year.

Last edited by half-fast; 09-16-2015 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:34 AM   #80
mfp
Rookie

OVR: 2

The fouls issue is bothersome but it's not the biggest problem for me. The biggest problem is this is basically a PES version of FIFA 15 - easy chance creation; poor defending; counter-attack dominant; lots of open space for easy long sprints; no real skill or intelligence needed to score.

Certainly not feeling anything like a sim experience that's for sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »