Home

PES2016 Reviews coming in

This is a discussion on PES2016 Reviews coming in within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2015, 04:13 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: PES2016 Reviews coming in

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
Yeah I'd go with FIFA if more casual footy fan.
I am a more casual fan but a Sim experience is very important to me
Old 09-18-2015, 05:32 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY4Life
I am a more casual fan but a Sim experience is very important to me
Get PES then.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:52 PM   #11

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

We'll see if these reviews result in sales. It's great that critics think the gameplay is amazing, and I agree it is, but they need to close the gap at least somewhat with FIFA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2015, 07:15 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
We'll see if these reviews result in sales. It's great that critics think the gameplay is amazing, and I agree it is, but they need to close the gap at least somewhat with FIFA.
Even if PES did better in terms of sales, it won't make a real dent into FIFA's numbers. EA spend boat loads of dollars in marketing. They advertise the crap out of the game. Just look at all the stars in their latest commercial and all the other ones who have been spokesman in recent years (Snoop Dogg, Drake, etc.). There's even an annual launch party in NYC tomorrow, where they allow select people to attend, play the game, and drink for free for a few hours.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:52 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Good to see PES making headlines. 9.0/10 on GameSpot is pretty unheard of for a sports game (although I'm expecting a 10/10 for 2k at the end of this week). I'm a pretty avid FIFA player, but seeing scores like that makes me consider getting both. But with Madden out, 2k coming out, and a ton of other games in queue I just don't have the time.

I played the PES demo, and while I thought it was good it wasn't good enough for me to abandon FIFA and my familiarity with it and learn a new game. I also prefer the licenses in FIFA. PES is lacking in that area. But anyways, I think this is the biggest challenge PES is facing -- converting die hard FIFA fans. While they were napping EA was building an empire. People don't like change. It'll take a lot to move someone who has been playing FIFA for years over to PES.

Nonetheless, I LOVE seeing PES create buzz like this. If nothing else it should push FIFA to improve for 2017 (there's no chance FIFA receives scores like that for 2016). And if they don't, then maybe I'll consider making the switch down the road. Competition prevents games from becoming stale (FIFA was approaching stale territory). So regardless of which side you're on we should all be rooting for success on both sides.

Last edited by pencerm; 09-21-2015 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:22 AM   #14
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
3rd on the UK charts. They were only expecting to make top 10, so top 3 exceeded their expectations by far.
Old 09-21-2015, 10:57 AM   #15
Pro

stevostl's Arena

kind of funny that with all the great reviews PES 2016 is getting I'm instead getting FIFA16 first this year. I usually end up getting both like usual the last 3 years or so...

I'm expecting similar great reviews for FIFA16 as well though.

I will in the end probably end up getting both but for now I only need one along with NHL 16. 2 games for my new PS4 is enough is already.

I want FIFA 16 because it's better online and it's more plug and play out of the box and has all the extra options, modes, and to play the game how you want. I usually favor PES because that's the game I know best from my past but FIFA 16 seems fresher to me. I can't deny that PES is the best yet from the demo but I also think FIFA is the best yet from the demo I played.

my decision to get FIFA just has to do with FIFA finally being good out of the box to me with also all the extras... online.. licenses.. kits.. fouls.. presentation.. it's more of an all around finished game to me.. but with that said if I had to rate which game has the better gameplay and which one replicates the real game better it's PES still imo... I would say PES.. but it's much closer than EVER before for me. Usually I always say PES has the better gameplay and it's not close... for example, no slider set from Orion on any fifa has ever beat the PES gameplay for me. that's just me though... but this year FIFA's gameplay out of the box is already.. it's much closer to PES now..

Last edited by stevostl; 09-21-2015 at 11:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »