Home

Goalkeepers

This is a discussion on Goalkeepers within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2015, 07:30 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Goalkeepers

If you're conceding 8 goals I guarantee it has more to do with your Defense than with your goalie. If you leave a guy open in front of goal, most of the time thats going in.

The goalies make some questionable decisions, but no more so than in other football games.

Last edited by TeleTex82; 09-19-2015 at 09:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2015, 08:27 AM   #26
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

The slow reacting keeper has been a problem for the past couple of years. Perhaps a certain shooting method or something else in the game is causing it, but to me it is a clear issue when it happens.

It's frustrating as you see some great reactions and saves, but then you also see the slow reaction that looks embarrassing. Howlers can happen, and there are times a keeper gets flat footed on a free kick or other action where he is deceived or his view is blocked. That is acceptable and realistic.

This issue is different and it is a flat out unrealistic slow reaction for whatever reason. Some call it "scripting". I'm not sure, but once you see it, you can't just un-see it. It sucks because when you score, you are always wondering if it was deserved or not.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:52 AM   #27
Rookie

flo182's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
I'm not sure, but once you see it, you can't just un-see it. It sucks because when you score, you are always wondering if it was deserved or not.
That's exactly the point!

It takes out all of the fun because scoring a goal just isnt satisfying anymore if you realize that the goalie doesnt even react most of the times...

I can live with weird animations and goalie mistakes if it happens sometimes, because in real life this happens too.
But nobody would watch football if the goal was 20 meter wide and every shot would go in, and to me PES 2016 feels like that
Old 09-19-2015, 09:34 AM   #28
Rookie

Simaofan-20's Arena

OVR: 1

I've noticed that almost every shot inside the box , no matter what difficulty has a high chance of going in. No matter how well positioned the goalie is or how weak the shot is. If the same shot is on the other side of the box, its an easy save, if its just on the inside of the box, it goes in almost all the time. I don't get how goalies can be so weak and slow to react to shots
Old 09-19-2015, 10:47 AM   #29
Rookie

You guys playing all manual?
Old 09-19-2015, 11:36 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeleTex82
You guys playing all manual?
Manual shooting yes. It is just not rewarding at all to score a goal. Going to do some messing about later though.
Old 09-19-2015, 02:04 PM   #31
Rookie

yea even though goalies make crazy saves in fifa...anytime you score a nice goal it feels nice.. but in pes a nice goal like tiki taking through and scoring still doesnt feel nice
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2015, 02:34 PM   #32
Rookie

I'm testing to see if making all goalkeepers offensive will help them react a bit faster. They need to come out and defend the 6 yard box more and make themselves look big, but they mostly seem glued to the centre of the goal and that makes shots to the corners far too easy. I personally don't see them defend their near post well.

A big problem is though so many shots come in through the middle of the box, that's a problem that only tactics can fix.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »