Home

Goalkeepers

This is a discussion on Goalkeepers within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2015, 08:11 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: Goalkeepers

Quote:
Originally Posted by max77p
yea even though goalies make crazy saves in fifa...anytime you score a nice goal it feels nice.. but in pes a nice goal like tiki taking through and scoring still doesnt feel nice
Disagree completely. In FIFA it feels scripted and not entertaining at all. It's just like a, "Oh the computer's coding decided to let me finish. Cool." feeling.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:34 AM   #50
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeruvianPlaya954
Disagree completely. In FIFA it feels scripted and not entertaining at all. It's just like a, "Oh the computer's coding decided to let me finish. Cool." feeling.
Can't you see that in PES 16 in every goal the keepers have a slower animation compared to their diving saves? This means the whole shooting-to-goal sequence is scripted and hardcoded. I challenge a KONAMI PES dev to come here and prove me wrong. The game clearly "decides" when a goal will occur and that's why we see the same slow animation/slow reaction everytime.
FIFA had the same scripted goal many years ago.
Old 09-20-2015, 08:40 AM   #51
Rookie

flo182's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeruvianPlaya954
You havent played FIFA for 3 or 4 years right?

Get the facts right... FIFA has improved a lot over the last years. It might not be as deep as PES, especially when it comes to tactics but at least it doesnt have 1-2 huge flaws every year like PES does since PES 2008.

But this whole discussion isnt about FIFA or PES, its about goalkeepers. And at least in the PC Version they are a complete mess. I'm just wondering why, because we had great keepers in playstation 2 times...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2015, 09:39 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo182

Get the facts right... FIFA has improved a lot over the last years. It might not be as deep as PES, especially when it comes to tactics but at least it doesnt have 1-2 huge flaws every year like PES does since PES 2008.

But this whole discussion isnt about FIFA or PES, its about goalkeepers. And at least in the PC Version they are a complete mess. I'm just wondering why, because we had great keepers in playstation 2 times...
I've been playing FIFA every year for several years now (probably since FIFA 08?) and am just now jumping back on the PES bandwagon.

I'm not going to sidetrack this thread, but for you to say that FIFA doesn't have major flaws every year is asinine. There's no midfield, goals come 90-95% from your striker and center attacking mid, there's no individuality, and near post shots are overpowered.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:45 AM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo182

FIFA has huge flaws every year too, let's not go crazy. I couldn't tell you what governs the goalie AI. I don't think that's the reason why such easy goals go in sometimes, as far as CPU scoring in player. I think it has more to do with the places (finesse shot) being overpowered. I think the CPU uses the finesse shot any time its inside the box, devs just need to nerf it.

As far as scoring in the CPU, I have noticed that if you go into the box head on and blast it directly at the keeper, it will more often than not go in. I think therecmight be certain blindspots to the goalies AI. I don't think it's scrpited, just something the devs either missed or messed with for final release, because playing the demo again the goalies seems to be a bit quicker to react.

Ultimately, I think (hope) Konami knows about all these flaws and are trying to figure them out. I'm guessing this is why the first datapack is taking so long.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:25 AM   #54
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

Lol I will prove to you its not scripted one bit, on default settings, the keeps just are not that good. Put the goalies defensive prowess to 99, and what you call "scripted" the goalie now saves.

I'm a Division 3 FUT player, FIFA goalies are complete garbage default to. & Thats a fact, unless you have Neur, De Gea etc. the goalies are complete rubbish. The goalies dive just as late or won't react at all.

Last edited by RonMexico1992; 09-20-2015 at 10:28 AM.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:28 AM   #55
Pro

RonMexico1992's Arena

I know the editing is tiresome, but if you want better keeps thats what you have to do.

Long shots are OP in FIFA & PES and thats a fact, but if you put defensive prowess at 99, Play Style at "Defensive Keeper" the long shot OP is done with. I promise you. Done quite a bit of testing.

Once again, I know its a lot of editing, specially if you want to do a Master League, but a few days work will solve your problem for a year.

& thats what you were looking for right m8? how to fix goalies?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2015, 10:43 AM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMexico1992
I know the editing is tiresome, but if you want better keeps thats what you have to do.

Long shots are OP in FIFA & PES and thats a fact, but if you put defensive prowess at 99, Play Style at "Defensive Keeper" the long shot OP is done with. I promise you. Done quite a bit of testing.

Once again, I know its a lot of editing, specially if you want to do a Master League, but a few days work will solve your problem for a year.

& thats what you were looking for right m8? how to fix goalies?
Wonf the update erase these edits? I might just hold off until the first patch. Whenever that may be...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »