Home

Close Control Dribbling (R2)

This is a discussion on Close Control Dribbling (R2) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2016, 11:54 AM   #1
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16
Close Control Dribbling (R2)

OK - curious if anyone has any tips when this should be used if ever online or offline?

Offline v CPU I think it can be useful to set up for a speed burst past, but the science of the controls seems to be hold close control button and just tap the stick direction stick. holding the direction stick seems to make you sitting duck!

Online - seems completely useless as there is always smothering tight defense

are there any thoughts on this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2016, 10:02 AM   #2
Rookie

hitmanwa's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Close Control Dribbling (R2)

I use it on and offline. I use it in conjunction with the other 5 paces. it's not to be used exclusively or as an OP way to dribble from your third to the opponent's third. Change of pace and misdirection.

5 paces...stop, close control R2, walk, sprint (R1) and speed burst (R1x2).

Watch the animations when you release R2, particularly when walking backwards.

Walking left to right. R2 LStick left, release as opponent comes up on you and your player will turn with the ball, R1x2 to your right. If you have good ball control dribbling he will knock the ball behind him past the oncoming opponent. Your player will turn, do his little skip step and maintain control of the ball. This is just one example and there are many combinations using body lean, leverage, angles, etc. Use dribbling to break defenses down and create passing angles. That's just my .02.

It is also very good when in your opponent's box. Transfer ball to strong foot, small side steps changes shooting angle and then shoot finesse shot or power shot. Finesse shot is very deadly when in or around the box.

Last edited by hitmanwa; 04-29-2016 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:56 AM   #3
*n th* Fl*w*rs

southernbelle's Arena

OVR: 16

thank you! those are fantastic tips. especially breaking down the 5 speeds. though i've had excellent success in almost never sprinting. i do 2xR1 burst, walk, reg dribble, and R2.

i will try the back up release and 2xR1. good man!
Old 04-29-2016, 12:53 PM   #4
Rookie

hitmanwa's Arena

OVR: 5

No problem. I only sprint when there is green in front of me. One thing I do quite often is when the defender comes up to lean on me, say a super cancel barge, you can cut left or right with a press of R1. It's like the R1x2 knock but less exaggerated. R1 sprint everywhere is nothing but trouble, have to use it wisely like the other paces. Good luck.

I play fuma on PS4 and my logon is hitmanwa on the US version and hitbloke on the UK side. I've not been able to find fuma players on the US side but I'm always looking for new guys to play with.

This says facing but, I do it a lot while not facing and pressing the LStick in the direction of the defender. I have auto-feints off so I'm not sure what it does with it on. Was practicing crosses last night, first part of this video is the dash.

Also, don't forget, R1 by itself stops the dribbler even when sprinting.

https://youtu.be/J9OYVcxc8D0

http://www.konami.jp/we/2016/online/...ol_player.html

Last edited by hitmanwa; 04-29-2016 at 02:14 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »