Home

Konami Announces Premium Partnership with FC Barcelona For PES 2017 - New Trailer

This is a discussion on Konami Announces Premium Partnership with FC Barcelona For PES 2017 - New Trailer within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2016, 04:47 PM   #17

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Konami Announces Premium Partnership with FC Barcelona For PES 2017 - New Trailer

When your company is on the brink financially, its probably not a good idea to shell out money on a huge license like Barcelona/Camp Nou. I mean good for them for one upping EA, but I just don't see how this helps them.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:51 PM   #18
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Konami Announces Premium Partnership with FC Barcelona For PES 2017 - New Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Hmm, this doesn't sound exactly like what option files used to be. If we have to go to each team, and assign each kit (home/away/keeper) and logo one by one, that doesn't sound much different than last year. I barely made it through the Premier League by itself before I lost patience with it. And now with La Liga teams needing logos and kits added, I can't imagine many going through that entire process.
I don't think it will as tedious as last year's. Seems like you can import the data in a batch instead of going in team by team and assigning each kit.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:14 PM   #19
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
When your company is on the brink financially, its probably not a good idea to shell out money on a huge license like Barcelona/Camp Nou. I mean good for them for one upping EA, but I just don't see how this helps them.
True, but FIFA already absolutely dominates the market. It's rational for them to try and eat into that market share, and the decision they've apparently made is to essentially turn PES into FC Barcelona 2017 and use that huge brand to sell the game.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:20 PM   #20
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

OVR: 0

As an absolutely HUGE Barca fan it was pretty impossible for me not to orgasm 15+ times

Still, this really sucks cause I'm a Fifa first kind of player. But this basically does guarantee my purchase of Pes this year
Old 07-26-2016, 07:53 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0
I am disgusted with this! Can't stand exclusive licensing I will not be supporting PES this year. EA deserve this though that they originated this garbage. They took the J league and Juve from Konami this year, this is Konami's response. This is very bleak for football games, it's past time for fans to speak out against this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2016, 10:48 PM   #22
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

hopefully player names will be added when importing teams. The one thing I hated was trying to rename everyone on each team. That was a serious pain.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 07-27-2016, 07:05 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Is there a list of teams in PES 17?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UFC

Playing; NHL 13, MLB 2k13, WWE13, DMC, Tomb Raider
Old 07-27-2016, 08:00 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2
Barca will still be in FIFA and the will still have proper names, kits, likeness....

To me it wont matter than stadium isn't in, you can rename another stadium for season modes, I'd rather have all the top stadiums in but leagues, official players and kits mean most to me.

I'll have to wait and see how PES expend importing and editing before I decide if I buy, also a proper career manager mode with actual leagues would be nice.

Looks like EA gets my money again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »