Home

Tons of PES 2017 Gameplay Videos, Screenshots & Details From Around the Web (8-4-16)

This is a discussion on Tons of PES 2017 Gameplay Videos, Screenshots & Details From Around the Web (8-4-16) within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2016, 01:43 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Tons of PES 2017 Gameplay Videos, Screenshots & Details From Around the Web (8-4-

Personally and take this comment based on me ignoring the majority of Player vs Player videos, as I dont play PES that way.

Im content with what ive seen so far. Id love to see more 'manual' vs good level AI videos to get a better feel for it, but all in, some of the glaring flaws from 16 appear to be improved on.

Keepers for the best part look better and do better, there appears to be a bit more variety in the AI attacking play and the animations as a whole have come on, albeit with a few niggles.

At the end of the day, its the sort of game you need in your hands to really know if you are going to get anything from it. The demo will help on that front and as such im open minded to this going either way for me right now.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:41 PM   #50
Rookie

Re: Tons of PES 2017 Gameplay Videos, Screenshots & Details From Around the Web (8-4-

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearwhatnow
These videos are disappointing beyond words. Skating, no footplant at all, players roaming out of position and then sprinting like chickens to get back in position, goalkeepers diving in slow motion, same tackling animations over and over with the ball travelling just 1m every time after a tackle, floaty ball physics. I can carry on with all the negatives for 2 pages. They don't even bother to sit just for 3 hours to introduce new replays. It's just 3 (THREE) hours of dev work.
But they don't care. They won't even listen to customers. Most of the devs that created the PES masterpieces a decade ago are long gone.

Wow you and Matt are so right, I can't stand watching the constant shifting out of position, no player slows down, everyone is moving off the ball one way or the other. Players turn so quick it's chaotic.

Football is a game that can be slowed down to walking, even standing, pace. And it can be highly disciplined; rigid even. Football can also be fast as lightening, fluid and free. I don't see that in this game, I just see chaotic end to end stuff. Of course a lot of the players playing are sprinting forward themselves at every chance: that makes the AI play faster. I've always noticed in PES if YOU slow down, so does the AI.

The Goalkeepers look better though.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:13 PM   #51
Pro

stevostl's Arena

looks like keepers are better.... referees are better.. and tactics are fantastic... also love hearing the impressions about the buildup and different way different teams and players look and feel.. these are the things I like with PES that I don't like about FIFA.

my biggest gripe with pes 2016 was the broken foul system.... but despite that I still somewhat enjoyed PES offline gameplay and the way of playing football more at times than I do with FIFA offline with sliders... it's more like the real thing for me personally... I mainly stuck with FIFA online last year

can't wait to give this demo a test

Last edited by stevostl; 08-09-2016 at 03:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2016, 07:46 AM   #52
Rookie

flo182's Arena

Faces look amazing.

Defending looks horrible.

Animations still look like they're from 2006. Seems like players can only move in 8-different directions and there is no space between these 8 different angles...
Old 08-13-2016, 12:32 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

This is PES 16 on the PC, global edits used. Just wanted to see how it would play so I can prep for what PES 17 may end up needing. Some adjustments made a big difference. This gives me hope, as long as PES 17 remains the same code as PES 16 and all the other PES since PES 4 in terms of some player ratings not meaning anything.

Old 08-14-2016, 11:54 PM   #54
Rookie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVxhhsVuGeE
Old 08-16-2016, 06:14 PM   #55
Rookie

NYG88's Arena

I've got a couple of questions, I've played pes in the past but never bought it because of the fictional English teams. For PS4 will I be able to update the team names, logos, uniforms? Also about the file sharing on PS4 does this mean that if someone uploads all these updates online I can simply download them from the file sharing and it will be updated, or will I have to go through all the teams manual? Also are there file sharings for other leagues that have fictional or missing teams in that league?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2016, 01:19 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

No more freak-out over-aggressive defensive animations. Slowed down pace of play. Seeing a lot more evidence of the first touch feature.

This is looking really good. Someone tell them to stop while they're ahead now .

Gamescom Demo

Gamescom Gameplay

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »