Home

PES 2017: Impressions of the Demo

This is a discussion on PES 2017: Impressions of the Demo within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2016, 04:35 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: PES 2017: Impressions of the Demo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
Laxy. Are you double tapping the tackle button?
Aren't you?
How do you dispossess the CPU?
Old 09-08-2016, 10:46 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
The thought is that since master league difficulty is always raised, raising the cpu's form slightly in the demo could be a partial window into how master league will play. Based on how it plays, I think it's a good sign.
In 15 and 16 form was all over the place in ML, and couldn't be changed in the options. Unlike Fifa CM, where your players are either perfect or good for the whole season (arrows pointing up), in PES it's mostly random and inexplicable.

Ex. Playing as Barca, game before El Classico, Suarez gets a hattrick and Messi 2. Yet, in the Classico, Suarez went purple, and Messi went blue. (Which in previous games meant terrible form and one above terrible form respectively). If you play them in that form in PES, you're going to have a hard time. But if you sit them, your team spirit is going to plummet.

So I wouldn't worry too much about form in ML being always great. That's Fifa's thing.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:33 PM   #75
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bredfan
In 15 and 16 form was all over the place in ML, and couldn't be changed in the options. Unlike Fifa CM, where your players are either perfect or good for the whole season (arrows pointing up), in PES it's mostly random and inexplicable.

Ex. Playing as Barca, game before El Classico, Suarez gets a hattrick and Messi 2. Yet, in the Classico, Suarez went purple, and Messi went blue. (Which in previous games meant terrible form and one above terrible form respectively). If you play them in that form in PES, you're going to have a hard time. But if you sit them, your team spirit is going to plummet.

So I wouldn't worry too much about form in ML being always great. That's Fifa's thing.
Yeah I wish it was based on actual form instead of random. I also wish they got rid of the half-point integer rating system. I know the averages work themselves out in the end but it would be nice to believe that half my team weren't 6's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2016, 02:45 PM   #76
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Yeah I wish it was based on actual form instead of random. I also wish they got rid of the half-point integer rating system. I know the averages work themselves out in the end but it would be nice to believe that half my team weren't 6's.
The rating systems really irks me in PES and I hate how they rate the goalkeepers even though I feel Fifa rates Gks too well but overall I actually love the way the rating system is done in Fifa. This brings me to the next point, on why I get frustrated on how stats are displayed in Career mode (and Master League). I would like to who is leading in most passes completed, most tackles won, interceptions, Shots on Goal etc in both PES and Fifa. They may be small things but stat tracking needs to be improved.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:51 PM   #77
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
The rating systems really irks me in PES and I hate how they rate the goalkeepers even though I feel Fifa rates Gks too well but overall I actually love the way the rating system is done in Fifa. This brings me to the next point, on why I get frustrated on how stats are displayed in Career mode (and Master League). I would like to who is leading in most passes completed, most tackles won, interceptions, Shots on Goal etc in both PES and Fifa. They may be small things but stat tracking needs to be improved.
Agreed. Last year was the 1st year that I can remember FIFA keeper ratings being tuned so that they wouldn't always end up with MoTM. Now some of it was due to how easy it was to get a shot on target creating more saves but I thought it was OK in 16.

I want to say FIFA 11 or 12 had advanced stats tracked during the season BUT FIFA 16 and even PES 16 tracks a lot of those on an individual match basis. They just need to sum total and display it.

Also, PES really needs to work on their English translation. Some of the tables use phrases that just sound so awkward like "Forward Time" instead of "Advance Time"
Old 09-10-2016, 05:59 PM   #78
Rookie

dtlm6's Arena

OVR: 1
I'm all in for PES as last year's game was as good as it gets for me. If only PES could get Premier, Bundesliga and MLS. However, this year's game seems like it is a lot harder to score. Hopefully, this is just the demo as I can't wait for this Tuesday with the opportunity for data sharing. I'm using a PS4. What will I need for data sharing?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »