Home

PES 2017: Impressions of the Demo

This is a discussion on PES 2017: Impressions of the Demo within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2016, 02:27 PM   #49
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: PES 2017: Impressions of the Demo

On superstar difficulty, playing against Barcelona, the ease with which I am able to dispossess them is really troubling.

It has to be fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2016, 03:10 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

Buzzing for both PES and FIFA this year and always buy both as they both offer a great entertaining package that sees me through 12 months so you def get monies worth. I know it's completely a Microsoft thing but hugely annoying we cannot use file sharing on XB1 as there is a distinct lack of licences even more so this year with Libertadores missing also. Editing manual would take forever. That aside I love the demo and a big step up from PES 2016 which was also excellent. Fouls is an issue on both games so it's just one of those things. Still think they could do with reworking the slide tackle on PES.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2016, 03:21 PM   #51
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
The defending AI remains a weak point, with too much space being given up all over the pitch, because of this most games devolve into back and forth ping pong affairs(the assisted passing also admittedly plays a role)
I solved this issue. When playing on Superstar, if you increase the CPU form arrow to half-up, the CPU then no longer gives free space all over the pitch -- the midfield becomes a warzone.

The problem is that in Master league you cannot increase the CPUs form arrow. However, I don't think it will be a problem bc konami ups the difficulty level for master league mode always.

So this has become a NON-PROBLEM. Case closed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2016, 03:26 PM   #52
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
On superstar difficulty, playing against Barcelona, the ease with which I am able to dispossess them is really troubling.

It has to be fixed.

Default superstar is too easy in the demo. Not from difficulty to score perspective, but AI behavior perspective. I noticed I had to slightly increase CPU form arrow to balance possession stats more and also to rectify space given up all over the pitch issue. Master league superstar is usually harder.

Last edited by Josam27o7; 09-04-2016 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 03:35 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
I solved this issue. When playing on Superstar, if you increase the CPU form arrow to half-up, the CPU then no longer gives free space all over the pitch -- the midfield becomes a warzone.

The problem is that in Master league you cannot increase the CPUs form arrow. However, I don't think it will be a problem bc konami ups the difficulty level for master league mode always.

So this has become a NON-PROBLEM. Case closed.
That's not a case closed scenario. The reason that space occurs is because the transition isn't properly programmed. So when the CPU loses the ball, they are running back to their positions, regardless of where the ball is. This creates even more space, and is why there are times, especially on the flanks, where you can run full speed ahead with no opposition in sight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2016, 04:25 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterdawgs10
Looking for some input here from the PES regulars. Let's say for example I am playing as West Brom and going up against Man City.

I want to set my team to park the bus and just bomb it long and try for a counter with maximum 3 players joining the attack. Is this possible?

To be more specific, I don't want my cdms to go forward at all, put on the brakes at the half way line essentially. Same for fullbacks.
Absolutely. In the full game, if the tactics have at least the same options from last year, you can set a very low line, choose Long Ball tactic on offense, select "Few" on the number of players on offense and "Many" on defense. This will get you precisely the desired scenario of small team against big team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
That's not a case closed scenario. The reason that space occurs is because the transition isn't properly programmed. So when the CPU loses the ball, they are running back to their positions, regardless of where the ball is. This creates even more space, and is why there are times, especially on the flanks, where you can run full speed ahead with no opposition in sight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Agree, definitely not a case closed scenario. The form arrows cannot be set in Master League, and i donīt think Superstar difficulty in the full game will be higher (altough i agree the difficulty in Master League is usually higher).

Konami may fix this (donīt really believe it) or it may be possible to fix with tactics (this seems more likely to me).

But, if i had to choose between a good midfield play and bad around the box versus bad midfield play and good around the box play, i would definitely choose the later.

Fifa tried to get the midfield to play well, the problem was it didnīt translate well to around the box and made the game look... stalled.
Old 09-04-2016, 04:45 PM   #55
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
Agree, definitely not a case closed scenario. The form arrows cannot be set in Master League, and i donīt think Superstar difficulty in the full game will be higher (altough i agree the difficulty in Master League is usually higher).
Don't you think the greyed out advanced tactics (tight marking, gegenpress) indicate that the demo has restricted AI defensive behavior. From the standpoint that in the full game they probably can utilize gengenpress behaviors occasionally even when not using the advanced tactic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2016, 04:46 PM   #56
Rookie

Gnemi's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunogomes
Fifa tried to get the midfield to play well, the problem was it didnīt translate well to around the box and made the game look... stalled.

This x 1,000

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »