Home

PES 2017 impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2017 impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2016, 07:53 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PES 2017 impressions

Just played 15 min game on all star, didn't draw one foul. Saw alot of fouls in the demo. Not encouraging

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2016, 08:00 PM   #74
Rookie

Just started playing another game, 2 fouls in the first 5 minutes. Kind of odd. And it is a bit too easy to steal the ball of the CPU

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2016, 09:11 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

This game, man. The slight deflections, the way the CPU tries to force passes. The way they make terrible passes, lol. It's just so good. I love seeing the CPU not be so automatic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 09:14 PM   #76
Banned

BucksInSix's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
This game, man. The slight deflections, the way the CPU tries to force passes. The way they make terrible passes, lol. It's just so good. I love seeing the CPU not be so automatic.
Streaming again tonight?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2016, 09:16 PM   #77
MVP

BL8001's Arena

Matt, check my latest 2 uploads.

I was just chilling on pro diff and celta vigo kept vigorously trying to hit deep balls to the wings.

It was wild.

Espanyol v celta vigo 1st half

2nd half

Last edited by BL8001; 09-13-2016 at 09:19 PM.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:12 PM   #78
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Got 3 more games in. Moving to 20 min games as that seems to be perfect for stats. I forgot how much I missed having help on the pitch. Seeing the AI make runs and defend on their own is great. Not having to do every little thing allows for you to play a role or game within the game. The physicality and unpredictable play in the box is nerve racking. I said it before, but I really love the corner kick strategies. Going to start working on tactics during exhibition games to get a hang of those while we wait for a complete option file. I wish we had custom audio chants and goal sounds though. I loved those on the PS3 days. Maybe next year....
Twitter
YouTube
Old 09-13-2016, 11:55 PM   #79
MVP

BL8001's Arena

The adaptive AI is real

After winning a few on pro something changed and now I can't beat wolves with forest after 3 match tries. 1-0 2-1 2-0

I then said screw you wolves and took Liverpool against them. Won 2-1 but they scored first.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:17 AM   #80
Rookie

half-fast's Arena

OVR: 1

Got the game this evening, and played my share of games, plus did some basic edits.

Become a Legend - it's basically the same as last year's game, but the gameplay is definitely much more fun this time around.

General gameplay
---------------------
FOULS - fouls are all over the map, leaning more towards not so many though. Played several games where there were 1-3 fouls, played one where there were 11. Generally, I'm seeing a lot of roughhousing that's not getting called. I'm ok with how fouls are, they have definitely improved, but at the end of the day, I'd like to see a few more called.

SHOOTING - The shooting mechanic is much better this year. Ball physics are definitely improved, and shooting is more fun. I still see quite a few powerful/weird shots that existed from '16, but most shots are quite good looking and feeling. I see headers wildly miss, would love to see a few more shots miss by a larger vertical margin. Shots look great, and I even cringed a few times watching a replay of a shot that looked like it was bending in, just to be saved, which takes us to ...

GOALKEEPERS - Overall, this is *probably* in my short time having played the retail game, the most improved aspect of the game. Keepers are now palatable, and even incredible looking. That being said, there is still some slow motion float-jumping going on from '16 that I hope gets nipped in the bud next year. Still some weird save choices for the keeper, i.e. - slowing down approach to ball just to float-jump, catch it and dive on the ground when not necessary at all.

Anyone worried should know that, keepers do their job now. I've seen such a great variety of goals and saves. Low saves, diving top corner parries, etc.

PASSING - Passing for the user feels a little better this year. Even with pass assist off, passing is not terribly difficult. There's definitely still some help under the hood. With that said, cpu passes are one of my favourite aspects of this game. They try varied passes, pull some beautiful ones off, and miss some obvious ones. Makes you appreciate their goals more.

PHYSICALITY - The contact in this game is quite simply amazing. The replays on fouls are great, the limbs colliding look realistic,and for the most part, the victim in the contact has a great falling/stumbling look. The one aspect that still needs work in my opinion is shielding. I think we need a dedicated button/mechanic to it - maybe a shield button with a left-stick to maneuver around or something.

PACE OF PLAY - Leading off from the shielding comment at the end of physicality, we get to pace of play. I think it's important to cover this because it drives me nuts. It can be really tough to realistically slow the pace down without passing it back. Having a player just possess the ball and slowly dictate play, and shielding when necessary is not the greatest in this game. We have all seen games where a player is allowed to walk in with the ball, mostly unchallenged and wait for a challenger whilst making a decision. I wouldnt say it doesnt happen, but it doesnt seem shielding is realistically done which can hamper a perimeter play style.

Generally, I find the pace a tad fast. It's weird though, because while the play is often fast, the players dont seem to run all that quickly. They run/sprint, but they dont often look like theyre trying, especially while dribbling. I play on Game Speed -1, and -2 is just too sluggish for me. I'm ok with the pace often being quick, especially since we're squeezing in 45 min of player per half, to 10, 12, 15 whatever youre playing.

AI - This is another category that seemed to get a huge boost this year. There are lingering issues - I dont see too much ball-watching, but it is there, but at a much more acceptable rate, so far. Players still run on rails at times and will ignore the ball to finish running their path, but it isnt nearly as bad as last year.

Players make better runs, get open in more interesting ways, and close down open spaces better than last year. They also make mistakes, and sometimes it can be difficult to tell whether the player is ignoring the ball or making a judgement error. In my opinion, watching on replay, it seems as though, players make errors, as I see them do often in real life, and better forwards take advantage of the space. This is such a delight to watch. I've seen goals scored where I may be frustrated, but upon watching the replay, I see a great first pass, an attacker pressuring my backline and a defensive slight misstep, segueing into an attacker taking advantage. Let it be known I've seen cpu attackers make shooting errors after getting the final step on a defender, I've seen attackers make judgment errors, I've seen great saves, and D-men making great recovery plays. Pretty great all around.

I apologize for the wall of text; I hope this helps some people. I have many games to go before making a better judgment(obviously), but so far what I'm seeing is very optimistic. I can't wait to get files to edit the EPL, Championship and go nuts with Master League!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »