Home

PES 2017 impressions

This is a discussion on PES 2017 impressions within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2016, 02:17 PM   #33
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: PES 2017 impressions

I got one game in on my lunch break. Never thought I would say a soccer game was playing too slow, but on -2 it seems to be. Perhaps default or -1 is the way to go. Did they remove CPU vs CPU as I was hoping to watch games while working, but see no option for it?
Twitter
YouTube
Old 09-12-2016, 03:38 PM   #34
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPERNUT
I got one game in on my lunch break. Never thought I would say a soccer game was playing too slow, but on -2 it seems to be. Perhaps default or -1 is the way to go. Did they remove CPU vs CPU as I was hoping to watch games while working, but see no option for it?
Sweet! I am gonna like it!
Old 09-12-2016, 04:18 PM   #35
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
I always though -2 was too slow to be honest. I will either play on default or -1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2016, 07:38 PM   #36
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
I always though -2 was too slow to be honest. I will either play on default or -1
Really, bc I think -2 is still too fast. Would you be frustrated by a game with full-footplanting, super slow? If you are, gaming has a bleak future.
Old 09-12-2016, 07:40 PM   #37
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josam27o7
Really, bc I think -2 is still too fast. Would you be frustrated by a game with full-footplanting, super slow? If you are, gaming has a bleak future.
Different strokes for different folks, I have a friend who thinks the default setting is too slow and plays on +1 & 2 speed.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:29 PM   #38
Rookie

BSDShoes's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Different strokes for different folks, I have a friend who thinks the default setting is too slow and plays on +1 & 2 speed.
Yeah I was watching a Twitch stream from a guy in China playing master league and his pace was so fast, I think he had it at +2 and he was pretty damn good too.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:56 PM   #39
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

Got 3 full games in 15 min halves. I used to think all PES games were too fast, but they nailed the speed this year. Fouls are much better than I expected. Still wish we had a few more calls and a bit more physicality, but it is nowhere near as bad as last years game. If you liked the demo, you will like the release version as nothing has changed. Only issues I see at this point are the goalie saves or parry that fall directly to someone for an easy put back. Besides that, I have no issues with the goalies this year or the rest of the back line defense as it seems very solid. I love the corner kick strategies you can select between on off or def during kicks.

My fear now falls to the reviews as I think they did a 180 on this years game compared to last years version, but it got such good reviews last year even though I thought it was a mess. Not sure if scores will be that good for this one, but they should be high in my book. I hope they continue on this development path as this is the best game I have played since the 2012 version easily.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 09-12-2016, 10:24 PM   #40
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Got 3 full games in 15 min halves. I used to think all PES games were too fast, but they nailed the speed this year. Fouls are much better than I expected. Still wish we had a few more calls and a bit more physicality, but it is nowhere near as bad as last years game. If you liked the demo, you will like the release version as nothing has changed. Only issues I see at this point are the goalie saves or parry that fall directly to someone for an easy put back. Besides that, I have no issues with the goalies this year or the rest of the back line defense as it seems very solid. I love the corner kick strategies you can select between on off or def during kicks.

My fear now falls to the reviews as I think they did a 180 on this years game compared to last years version, but it got such good reviews last year even though I thought it was a mess. Not sure if scores will be that good for this one, but they should be high in my book. I hope they continue on this development path as this is the best game I have played since the 2012 version easily.
Nice, I have heard a few people say the final version was slowler than the demo but I can't wait to play it really might stay up to midnight to get a few games in. Did you end up using any option files?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »