Home

Worth Buying

This is a discussion on Worth Buying within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2016, 08:20 AM   #25
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Worth Buying

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDrop
Here you go:

Spoiler
Hmm, I wonder if it's cause he's still on Santos in your save whereas in my save it already shows him with Inter Milan which is where he is in real life.

I promise I tried it with 3 different clubs and it was the same result. Only $7mil more than what his value was at.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 08:53 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 0

Some glitch maybe, bit it seems its not always the case.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:56 AM   #27
Pro

In fact, both careers are problematic. Fifa has lots of problems for taking job offers in thre wrong time for example.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:46 AM   #28
Rookie

A little heads up to potential buyers. Apparently Konami mentioned this at some point if you kept up with development, but I didn't figure it out until a few days after I bought the game... The game is region locked. If you live outside of your home country for extended periods, or travel with your PS4, forget about being able to get online to work.

I live in China most of the year, but buy through the Canada PS Store. I only have the option to play on US servers. A load of BS.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2016, 03:56 AM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I love the on the pitch gameplay but honestly, that's really the only thing that is good about this game IMO. The career mode is pretty bad logic.

I'll give you an example.

I'm playing with one of my favorite teams from the Bundesliga, FC Schalke 04. and Huntelaar is not getting any younger so I go out and try to find a young Striker (not older than 20) to grow with the team and become the "next guy" for this club.

So I find a star in the making that is an SS with an 81 OVR and he's 20 years old. He fits my game plan beautifully and looks to be a solid player both on and off the pitch. His name? Gabriel Barbosa from Inter Milan.

His value is $17 mil. When I approach their club to ask for a negotiation they immediately tell me no as they have "high hopes" for this player.

...but I can re-negotiate..

Umm, what? Ok fine.

So I click the Re-negotiate button and now all of a sudden they are willing to sell him to me for ONLY $7 mil more than his worth.

SOLD! Thank you! What a steal! So you're going to first tell me no and say this guy is indispensable to the club, but then when I ask again you'll let him go for only $7 mil more?

This guy is a STRIKER 20 years old with an 81 OVR already. In 3 years he'll be worth $100 mil easily.

This is my problem with PES. I just...can't. I need the complete package to be serviceable.
I think pretty much the same thing would happen in FIFA. Inter is loaded with good strikers among which Icardi is still young and better. So clearly Inter will not be able to guaranty a lot of playing time to Barbosa. The 24 Mil they get is a good amount of money they can invest into another position on the pitch with less quality/depth.
It also explains why when people tried to buy him before the update, when he was still in Santos, his club was asking for big money. They don't have the same depth at this position.

Looking at teams that have high redundancy at a particular position on the pitch has always been an option to make steals in FIFA. I guess it is probably working the same way in PES/ Real life?

Last edited by papinho81; 09-29-2016 at 04:02 AM.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:08 AM   #30
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by papinho81
I think pretty much the same thing would happen in FIFA. Inter is loaded with good strikers among which Icardi is still young and better. So clearly Inter will not be able to guaranty a lot of playing time to Barbosa. The 24 Mil they get is a good amount of money they can invest into another position on the pitch with less quality/depth.
It also explains why when people tried to buy him before the update, when he was still in Santos, his club was asking for big money. They don't have the same depth at this position.

Looking at teams that have high redundancy at a particular position on the pitch has always been an option to make steals in FIFA. I guess it is probably working the same way in PES/ Real life?
Great post. I understand what you're saying.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:03 PM   #31
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by papinho81

Yeah IRL Inter probably would have loaned him out BUT they got him so late in the window that they had no choice right now. I still think if they were to sell him they should expect to make more than a $2 mil profit but it could be down to the reasons (logic) you said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 03:29 PM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Yeah IRL Inter probably would have loaned him out BUT they got him so late in the window that they had no choice right now. I still think if they were to sell him they should expect to make more than a $2 mil profit but it could be down to the reasons (logic) you said.
Yeah, in real life Inter would probably prefer selling Palacio or Jovetic and keeping this gem for the future

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »