Home

Premier League Tactic's Option File

This is a discussion on Premier League Tactic's Option File within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2016, 08:17 AM   #25
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Premier League Tactic's Option File

Quote:
Originally Posted by curdsta
Hey man. I staggered across your videos a week or so back and am very impressed with how you have the game flowing. Will certainly check your tactics but am curious as to your camera settings? Look similar to what I use but can't out my finger on exactly what it is but your camera set-up looks better than they way I have mine currently.
Camera settings are:
Type - Custom
Zoom - 1
Height - 2
Angle - 10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2016, 08:21 AM   #26
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonsa1990
Great work man! One question. Your tactics are pretty much the same as those of Kreb, or are totally a brand new work? Just asking.!

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk
I haven't really looked at Krebstar's but I know we differ on a couple things. For example, I never use All-out defense for any team because I don't like how it plays when that is used. I based my tactics and formations of whoscored.com by looking at possesion, passing, what percentage of a teams passes were long balls, what percentage of their passes were crosses, etc.

Some of you asked for a video of all the formations and tactics (in case you wanted to manually put them in, why I don't know haha) by team. So here it is:

Old 10-06-2016, 09:55 AM   #27
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Have you tried to seeing if teams switch pre-set tactics when it is turned on? You can apply a defensive formation for every team, it may open up the game even more.
Old 10-06-2016, 10:22 AM   #28
Rookie

reaper31's Arena

Good stuff dmend. Ive been looking at tweaking defensive line, compaction, and support range to slow down the end to end running of the AI with the 5 second fix. Ive found some early success with a high defensive line (8), low compaction (3) and support range (10) for both clubs.

Feel free to take a look at my latest livesteam where i tezted out these. https://youtu.be/l0N7P7anS-A
Old 10-06-2016, 11:24 AM   #29
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper31
Good stuff dmend. Ive been looking at tweaking defensive line, compaction, and support range to slow down the end to end running of the AI with the 5 second fix. Ive found some early success with a high defensive line (8), low compaction (3) and support range (10) for both clubs.

Feel free to take a look at my latest livesteam where i tezted out these. https://youtu.be/l0N7P7anS-A
I am not as worried as everyone else about the end to end running. I just don't see it. Of course, their build up is much faster with less passing than real life but that is what I expect in a video game that is squeezing 90 minutes into 25 minutes. I guess I am just missing what this "midfield play" is? When I watch premier league a possession team usually plays in the other teams half just beyond midfield and I find this is what is happening when I play the game.

This image shows a heat map of the midfield and forwards for a recent premier league game. You can see where they are mainly setup and I think PES does this quite well.

The FIFA slowly pass through the midfield thing that some people like just isn't my thing. Doesn't feel right to me (just my opinion) but I will say that slowing down the other team in PES is up to your defending. If you dive in with your defenders they will pass right by you and attack full force. Also, they do attack quickly because they are always on orange for attack level. Wish this would stay on green (middle) and change as the game does not based on possession.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:59 AM   #30
Rookie

dmendenhall_9's Arena

And if we want to get ever more detailed take a look at these images. I have heard time and time again that PES 2017 is end to end, there is no midfield play, etc. I beg to differ. Here are two images the first is from a game I played recently in PES and the second is from a Premier League game this year (via whoscored.com). It shows the ball winning areas or in other words where successful tackles and interceptions were made.

As you can see, most tackles or interceptions are made in the area between a team's own 16 yard box and the half line. PES seems to accurately portray real life in this comparison.

This game had 32 total tackles, 60 total interceptions (including both teams). 92 tackles and interceptions / 25 min game = tackle or interception every 16 seconds of gameplay. not bad. That is a lot of possession changing for a game that is end to end. Yes there may not be as many tackles in parts of the pitch that some people want but for me it is pretty good (not perfect but good). The actual game had 46 tackles and 32 interceptions but more importantly for me is where they are happening in relation to where they happen in reality.

And for fun here is a tackle chart from a FIFA 17 game (no interceptions):

Old 10-06-2016, 12:09 PM   #31
Rookie

reaper31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmendenhall_9
I am not as worried as everyone else about the end to end running. I just don't see it. Of course, their build up is much faster with less passing than real life but that is what I expect in a video game that is squeezing 90 minutes into 25 minutes. I guess I am just missing what this "midfield play" is? When I watch premier league a possession team usually plays in the other teams half just beyond midfield and I find this is what is happening when I play the game.

This image shows a heat map of the midfield and forwards for a recent premier league game. You can see where they are mainly setup and I think PES does this quite well.

The FIFA slowly pass through the midfield thing that some people like just isn't my thing. Doesn't feel right to me (just my opinion) but I will say that slowing down the other team in PES is up to your defending. If you dive in with your defenders they will pass right by you and attack full force. Also, they do attack quickly because they are always on orange for attack level. Wish this would stay on green (middle) and change as the game does not based on possession.
I dont disagree with your logic. Everyone has their own style of play and yes the AI will switch to attacks quickly when they have a ball. However since we can control the positioning and space on the field making small changes to that would add another dimension to the gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2016, 12:42 PM   #32
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

I agree, while I don't see that much end to end on my game. Specifically from teams that play Possession football, also about the A/D level. I had a Champions League game last night where Monaco started the match in blue A/D level, which caused them to not throw a lot of players forward and keep the ball in the more in their own half which led to less shots. They didn't switch to Orange until late in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »